Giants Vs Devils - League - 6th Nov 22 - 16:00 FO

kettdevil1

Gotta laugh....today on Twitter at least they are advertising the home game against the Giants on Sat 10th December. Talk about head in the sand......:rolleyes:
So what should they do? A period of mourning? Radio silence? One of those cringeworthy statements that the Panthers put out on a regular basis after another loss? Stop selling tickets?

To be honest I don't think they can win - the coach has come out and said it was unacceptable, anyone watching can see it was a very poor performance so..... for me the answer is to go out this weekend, hit anything that moves and put up convincing wins. That would be the statement I would like to see.

Samael

Are people still going to be adding to this wall of shame after this weekend's games I wonder. I've read the first 3 pages then gave up, bit like the squad really! Oh well, my pre season predictions don't look so clever now regarding league standings and us finishing top, I'm not a professional though so I'll say no more.

Rempel16

So what should they do? A period of mourning? Radio silence? One of those cringeworthy statements that the Panthers put out on a regular basis after another loss? Stop selling tickets?

To be honest I don't think they can win - the coach has come out and said it was unacceptable, anyone watching can see it was a very poor performance so..... for me the answer is to go out this weekend, hit anything that moves and put up convincing wins. That would be the statement I would like to see.
They could have gassed a player, shown that actually they mean it that they won’t accept under par performances. It’s a hockey team, not a holiday camp.

august04 2.0

They could have gassed a player, shown that actually they mean it that they won’t accept under par performances. It’s a hockey team, not a holiday camp.
Remember we don’t gas players, so it is in effect a holiday camp where performance doesn’t matter. Win, lose, or on the booze, their job is safe for the season. Utterly ridiculous really.

Last edited:

august04 2.0

Not really too much of a statement if we beat Dundee and Manchester. Those should be a given if we want to compete for the league title, with all due respect to those clubs.

lloyd_jeff

As long as sales aren't dropping I doubt anyone in management care about a few losses or a lower league standing at the end of a season. Reset and go for it next season.

kettdevil1

Not really too much of a statement if we beat Dundee and Manchester. Those should be a given if we want to compete for the league title, with all due respect to those clubs.
Dundee away is never an easy game but you are right, we should be looking for maximum points. Given those are the two games we have then the statement needs to be two wins. Sorry, I still don't think the SM team are doing anything wrong here - they have a job to do and I would much prefer them to focus on upcoming games than go the Panthers route of apologies

moggy#9

As long as sales aren't dropping I doubt anyone in management care about a few losses or a lower league standing at the end of a season. Reset and go for it next season.
Well given that the club is advertising for group bookings - which essentially means the boozy Saturday night lot, perhaps hockey fans are less of a priority than those who will boost the bar sales.

Swarley

Well given that the club is advertising for group bookings - which essentially means the boozy Saturday night lot, perhaps hockey fans are less of a priority than those who will boost the bar sales.
Oh joy... More groups of drunkards that will be an exception to the rules and ruin the night for genuine fans of the sport...

lloyd_jeff

I’d have preferred a bit more toughness, comments like it’s not good enough and no justification as we are professionals. It seemed a little to on the fence for fear of upsetting, l guess the reaction in the remaining season will tell us a lot. I’m expecting a fight back for a few games then falling back into the rot.