Goal celebration..

Paul Sullivan

Hi all.

The tune was a suggestion by a committed Devils fan and I took the view to run with it for at least a while. Will stay with it for a while too, to see how it does. Knee-jerk reaction to remove it never really helps. These things take time to grow.

I wanted to change the goal music as mentioned on here in the Summer and I don't think there is a single tune that will have everyone happy (just as everything divides opinions among fanbases).

It's different to the rest of the League
It's new and that always takes time to evolve as said
It's not, as James says, simply taking some School Disco cheese and re-hashing it.

There was a pretty big reaction to Song 2 when that was introduced, and before that to Pat Benetar when that replaced the Wembley music (Brass Bonanza).

There was an aim here to have a singing section of a song that, if the PA and the crowd were both outputting, could be VERY loud and intimidating. I can hear the notes, and the repeat of the 'hook' in the song, I really don't see it's a dirge. Simple beats per minute mean it's too upbeat for that.

Context is also important. It's a large group of people singing in a positive way. Listening to a youtube clip versus actually getting behind it are light years apart really.

Nothing is perfect and we always try to listen to feedback about content. Plus hey if the biggest issue is the music we play after goals, I will take it :D

Its new, its very different, and it could be awesome if we get behind it. And with that tenuous comparison to this year's team done, I am out :lol:

Well Devils fans gota find something to winge at..I realy like it !! bita old skool punk rock!!! Hockey music should be played to dirty metal choons anyway!! suits the game better than pop/dance records i say keep Pennywise!!!!!!

Perhaps give it a few games so everyone gets a chance to hear it & get used to it then have a vote/poll on here for/against.
Believe it or not i don't like to moan, but my minds already made up after hearing twice last Wednesday & 12 times Sunday! :)

If it gets voted out, we could have a vote on her from a shortlist of potential options?

Just an idea. People can't moan if its a majority decision from the fans...

I agree give it a chance, thats only fair but can only see what majority outcome at the end - bin it. It's a momentum killer, there is hundreds of songs with better woahs in it even by pennywise and bands in that nature. It's just not that enthusiastic, its a case of jump up happy yes we scored a goal then a dull drone of a celebration tha doesn't help build on the moment but instead dampens it. Step back IMHO but maybe it'll grow on me, only been two games so far. Mind you one game we did score 12..

I was as sceptical as any when we heard that we were having new goal music but personally I think the new goal music is great. At least we aren't copying other teams and going for the Fratellis or some dance rubbish. Also, it works for the Anaheim Ducks, no reason it can't work for us! :) :)

I wasn't too sure of it when I first heard it a year or so ago but I love it now, it's certainly a grower. Give it a couple of weeks and I'm sure there will be more people who like it than don't. :)

well, i'm a bit confused by it, i don't like it but will give it a go to see if i'm missing the point, you can't sing with it, you can't clap to it, but you can whistle to it but that won't generate mutch of a goal celebration ? may be the powers that be can enlighten us as to the apropriate reaction to the goal music ? after the initial jump out of seat reaction. apart from it will grow on you .

Gazza272

redtilldead said:
well, i'm a bit confused by it, i don't like it but will give it a go to see if i'm missing the point, you can't sing with it, you can't clap to it, but you can whistle to it but that won't generate mutch of a goal celebration ? may be the powers that be can enlighten us as to the apropriate reaction to the goal music ? after the initial jump out of seat reation. apart from it will grow on you .

I dont see how you cant sing with it? The whoa whoas seem to lend themselves pretty well to participation?

Ger-Devils

DevilMorphs said:
Thought they used the Scooter song?
I Stand Corrected which NHL team used it...? Rangers :s I'm confused now lol[/quote]

Flyers used to have it before they changed it to the Scooter song for playoffs.

Ducks use it too.