good or bad idea????

Would be happy to see Moria back in a director of hockey role.
Off ice things don't seem to be, ummmm, working so well & I think he coud help with keeping some people involved in the club.

Sheincar

I think it would be a good idea. He has a huge amount of respect amongst the fans and previous sponsors may well be more interested in coming back with someone like him on board. The only person involved in the admin is Brent & he has far too much to do which is why things go pear shaped sometimes.

Thread starter #4
My thaughts on reading this was that he would have a massive input as far as getting big sponsers back.

also.... having played/coached lower leagues hockey, he may have a good insight into youth development. not saying cuddihy doesnt but always good to have an extra hand on board.

Koop11

Funny, I was only speaking recently to a friend on the way home from the playoffs that I felt the club needs a hockey face to represent it. A people’s person if you like. This would perhaps give scope for PR to step back as the public face for the club. It’s clear that there is a divide among fans with PR, probably down to the controversial purchase of Sheffield, and this would provide opportunity for PR to concentrate his efforts to the management of the club and its future home.

Kelman acts well in this role in Belfast. Nottingham have Gary Moran. Sheffield have Dave Simms (oh dear). Shannon of course acted in this role previously but is no longer with us. I think to help build rapport with fans. A Devils legend would go down well.

It maybe however that PR is content to act as the face of the club. Who knows. Also, we have to consider the financial pressure that comes with such an appointment. If that would be to the detriment of Gerad’s player budget then I would not wish to see it happen.

The fact is the website that has reported this story is notorious for its bull. I’m not sure much will come of this but the point in question is an interesting one.

I would rather see the money spent on other areas. Nina seems to be doing well on the sponsorship front, and the ship seems a lot steadier these days. I honestly can't see what Moria would bring to us? I don't think even god himself, John Lawless, would make a big difference in today's economic climate.

The Devil himself

Sheincar

As mentioned in other threads neither Nina nor Mark Cuddihy work for the Devils office anymore. Hence my comment that Brent is trying to run everything himself.

Finny

Sheincar said:
As mentioned in other threads neither Nina nor Mark Cuddihy work for the Devils office anymore. Hence my comment that Brent is trying to run everything himself.
I must have missed that. How long has that been the case for?

Sorry folks but for me this is a very bad idea!

Having seen him coaching lesser teams, I can honestly say that, Mo is lazy

He only seems to do enough to make him look good, just like his playing style, never a work horse.

I know I will get slated for this however, this is my opinion based on my experiences, and as stated ealier, the money could be spent more wisely! :geek: :|

Budgie,
you are wrong in saying that Moria is lazy I watched Moria play as a forward when he played for us and you only got to look at his stats he is one of the greatest forwards that has played for the Devils I would and hope he returns to this club when your next at the tent look up at the rafters and see the line of shirts that have beens retired by the club and there is a No 19 that a certain Mr Moria wore for many years!

Sheincar said:
Is PR that difficult to work for or with :?: I mean neither of them lasted more than a few months.

Sheincar

Finny said:
Sheincar said:
I must have missed that. How long has that been the case for?
I was told at the sponsors dinner that Nina had left Devils before she went to Australia. Spoke to Brent at last home game & he confirmed they'd both gone. No idea of the reasons before anyone asks!!

I understand Natalie from acityabode is now doing some work for Devils.

Sheincar

Budgie said:
Sorry folks but for me this is a very bad idea!

Having seen him coaching lesser teams, I can honestly say that, Mo is lazy

He only seems to do enough to make him look good, just like his playing style, never a work horse.

I know I will get slated for this however, this is my opinion based on my experiences, and as stated ealier, the money could be spent more wisely! :geek: :|
But isn't it suggested that Mo would be DOH not team coach. I'd expect him to be drumming up sponsors & sorting out ITC etc rather than coaching.

What i want to know is, how can the Devils afford Steve Moria?? surely he will command a decent salary. Shannon left because it wasn't fair he was drawing a wage from the club.(his words) Don't get it anymore, don't know what to make of it, may aswell have a revolving door for staff at the Devils office, can't keep track of the staff turnover. Fed up of hearing all the stories to be honest.