Guildford Flames Apply for EIHL

DevilDom

Assuming, Guildford get accepted i'm pretty sure we won't move away from a conference system whether it be 2 or 3 conferences and Sheffield and Nottingham will definitely be in the same conference.

bdevil

As it is at the moment we play 4 teams 8 times and 5 teams 4 times. If it went to 3 conferences of 4 we would play 3 teams 8 times and 8 teams 4 times.

I'm not going to predict which teams will be in what conference but I think the 3 conferences of 4 teams would work.

Although we would have 24 inter-conference games (against 3 opponents) we would have 32 outer-conference matches as opposed to 32 inter -conference games and 20 outer conference games which we have currently.

Foxy

Really dont fancy a 3 conference team especially if we end up with 2 rookie teams. I'd rather go back to one league

Ocko

Thread starter #24
Personally don't see a 3 Conference system as being that bad. We would still get more games against teams from the other conferences anyway. It sounds worse than what it is.

Finny

Imagine how big this weekend's game against Sheffield would be if we only played them twice at home in the league!

No suggestion is perfect, but the 3 conferences seems to be the one with the least problems.
Which is why the EIHL won't got for it! :D