Hockey Night In Cardiff - May 20th

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Thinking about getting a night together in May, probably a Sunday night in the Centre, maybe O'Neils if poss similar to what we have done before, will get some cool Devils stuff on the screens. Hopefully get a few homegrown and adopted players there, and have the chance to just get together have a beer, and just chill. Need some feedback about if you would be interested, if it goes well maybe another one in June, let me know what you think, if the response is favourable we could get the venue free, let me know what you think its all about getting together over the close season.

TheStub

Re: Hockey Night In Cardiff

Sounds fun, but Cardiff on a Sunday is a major stretch.

Make it a Saturday and more chance for me.

Wannabe2 said:
Thinking about getting a night together in May, probably a Sunday night in the Centre, maybe O'Neils if poss similar to what we have done before, will get some cool Devils stuff on the screens. Hopefully get a few homegrown and adopted players there, and have the chance to just get together have a beer, and just chill. Need some feedback about if you would be interested, if it goes well maybe another one in June, let me know what you think, if the response is favourable we could get the venue free, let me know what you think its all about getting together over the close season.
Glynn How about arranging one with an early faceoff in the NHL playoffs i.e.Saturday evening?

Finny

Hold it in Lllanelli and they'll probably give you the venue for the whole month!

TheStub

Re: Re: Hockey Night In Cardiff

Finny said:
Hold it in Lllanelli and they'll probably give you the venue for the whole month!
You'll have to get between the teen totty and the metal bands.

But a pub function room should be doable you'd have thought.

What about that Brains pub the Devils office used to be next to?

Diafol

Hynod said:
Wannabe2 said:
Glynn How about arranging one with an early faceoff in the NHL playoffs i.e.Saturday evening?
It's not just Saturdays that have early face-offs.

This Sunday, for example, it's Nashville at Detroit at 5pm our time and Pittsburgh at Philadelphia at 8pm, two decent-looking matchups.

No doubt there'll be a few more like that over the course of the playoffs.

Just a shame I can't get to and from Cardiff without driving, kinda spoils the pub-going experience for me :lol:

Wannabe2

Thread starter #13

Too difficult to get to for people, we have done them in the centre before so its easy for people to get to, O' Neils is perfect and if we can get 100+ using the bar it could easy be a goer. Maxi + others would probably come.

Diafol

Wannabe2 said:
Too difficult to get to for people, we have done them in the centre before so its easy for people to get to, O' Neils is perfect and if we can get 100+ using the bar it could easy be a goer. Maxi + others would probably come.
For the record I think it's a great idea, it's just that personally I couldn't do it without having to drive.

If I could book a hotel and get the Monday off work I would be there with bells on :)

Just to let everyone know, there is a Hockey 101 and skittles night in The Duke of Clarence pub in Canton. It starts at 7pm on Monday 30th April. G will be speaking hopefully with another player and then the skittles will commence. There will be a number of Cardiff based players at the night...and I believe some have been practising!

I do think a central meet up is a great idea as well though and will try to attend if I'm free. Just wanted to let everyone know there was another chance for meeting up with fellow Devils fans!

Edit: Forgot to say that numbers are limited due to venue size, email queries.cdsl@hotmail.co.uk to confirm your place.

Paul Sullivan

The Wharf?

Not sure when but it's closing and the whole site is being turned into a boutique style hotel. I was surprised it was still open in Feb for the DCF Race Night.

I 'knows a few people in town, like' so if I can help with venues let me know but would be good to have a get together and see some Devils video on the screens.

Looking forward to the Skittles / 101 night end of the month in the Duke of Clarence too.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #19

We need to keep it central for easy access for everyone, whether thats for parking, buses trains etc, Also with Pauls help we should get a venue for a Sunday sorted.

HEY GUYS,

Think this is a fab idea! Another amazing effort by a Devils fan to bring the fans together!

This was always our aim with the Pilot which sadly didnt work out :(

Come on guys support the fans that try to make it happen