Home Attendances 2009-10

Finny

Thread starter #1
As so many people on here have been interested in our attendances this season, I thought I'd give you a couple of statistics now that our season at home is over:

Average Attendance for all games = 1510
Average Attendance for League Games = 1509

To compare that to our previous League Averages since we moved down the bay:

2006-07: 1133
2007-08: 1160
2008-09: 1393
2009-10: 1509

As a point of reference, the average in our final season in the WNIR was 1525.

In our first season down the bay we totalled 31,974 spectators
This season our total for all games was 52,754.

Our highest attendance was 2160 for the CC Final 1st Leg against Nottingham.
Our highest attendance for a league game was 2030 against Coventry in January.
Both of those are records since moving to the bay.

Our lowest attendance was 1063 for the delayed game against Nottingham which didn't face off til 9pm.
This is the first time in 5 seasons that all our games had attendances of 1000+

Finny

Thread starter #2
Also:

Last nights attendance was 1987. This is an all time high for an EIHL Playoff game in both the Bay and the WNIR.

Thanks Finny, those are intresting stats. Always wondered what the average attendance was because you hear so many vastly different numbers mentioned at the rink.

What's people's census of opinion on capacity for the new rink?. Back in Aug 2008 Matt Burge quoted on IC Wales that an 8,000 capacity rink was a possibilty, i think this is a bit ambitious.
I was thinking more about 3-4 thousand.

Finny

Thread starter #4
3000-4000 would be more than enough.

I think I heard 3000 mentioned for the plans the Devils have drawn up for the new arena?
Perhaps with additional standing for the bar/cafe/corporate areas.

After our first season in the Bay I said that we would never average over 1500 in the tent because of the sightlines. I'm delighted to be prooved wrong, but still think we would get an instant increase in our attendances when we move to a rink with better facilities and clear sightlines.

jimmy snels

an interesting read thanks finny.(did i just praise finny! must be going soft :lol: ) its good to see that we're gaining more fans every year. my concern now is that with the prices of tickets going up to £16 the average may go down due to people just picking the "big games"

personally with regards to new capacity 4000 is a top, no more than that figure for me as u dont want to lose the capacity crowd feel. 3500 with room for expansion ideal in my view

ASHIPP

As Finny's stats show, the attendence levels are increasing so steadily, that they will probably be averaging well over 2000 attendence by the time the new arena is built. 3000-4000 would also ensure plenty of extra seating for away fans for the really big games - something the Blue Tent tends to struggle with and therefore has had to limit away fan numbers. Improved corporate facilities might see a return to the WNIR days when the corporate boxes were fully utilised every home game with parties etc. :D

It's all goooood.... This it the first season I've basically come to every game (bar 2), before I was just a 'part-timer' who went every now and again.

I think 4000 would be a good number for the new rink. Lots of room for development, but small enough to not look stupid if it's not full. It also needs; a place for sky to set up properly without knicking 2 blocks, some proper hospitality boxes, comfy seats, and most importantly, good acoustics to make it an intimidating place to play.

Ger-Devils

jimmy snels said:
an interesting read thanks finny.(did i just praise finny! must be going soft :lol: ) its good to see that we're gaining more fans every year. my concern now is that with the prices of tickets going up to £16 the average may go down due to people just picking the "big games"

personally with regards to new capacity 4000 is a top, no more than that figure for me as u dont want to lose the capacity crowd feel. 3500 with room for expansion ideal in my view
Season ticket perks instead of paying per game. I used to pay per game but will have a season ticket next season. About 10 of us getting them very soon