Home midweek double v Pheonix

Thread starter #1
Just noticed on the fixtures that it looks like the TBC game against Manchester Pheonix is now on Wed 11th, and we're already playing them on the Thursday. Wonder if they'll do some sort of deal to encourage people to attend both. 5 home games in 8 days - great for us fans - a crazy schedule for the team.

Also means 11 matches in the next 23 days (Pheonix have 13 in 23 days!!!!!!) - I've said it several times on various threads, but the Elite league really want to look at making the fixture list more evenly spread for next season. I know it's difficult with the likes of Pheonix in both cups and some other teams out of both. Surely if we do make the KO Final it would have to be after the regular season finishes? I know at least one person (theStub) agrees with me on this - but there should definitely be a few more midweek matches earlier in the season.

Anyway - anyone think they'll be attending all 5 in 8 days? I'm sure there's a few season ticket holders that must be?

Diafol

Sat 7th March Belfast H (BKO)
Sun 8th March Edinburgh H
Wed 11th March Manchester H
Thu 12th March Manchester H
Sat 14th March Hull H

Oh....My....God, don't know whether to :mrgreen: or :eek:

TheStub

I've never known the regular season schedule be so congested before.

I know that the arena teams have difficulty securing some ice time, and it is the arena teams that seem to call all the shots - but 11 matches in 23 days is just insane. We are going to be totally on our backs by the play offs.

And that isn't in a good way.

Also - 5 home matches in 8 days will really hit the tickets sales. I know that we have managed to drive people to the games this year, but a double header is bad news for ticket sales, never mind quite so many matches. Back in the day, when I was a season ticket holder, I would probably have baulked at that insane schedule. It is almost putting your life on hold.

I am predicting the lowest turn out of the season over that week. I hope the league are going to be compensating the team for their mess up damaging their revenue stream.

Thread starter #6
At least it's not 3 away games in 4 days like a couple of weeks ago. Hoepfully, with all the games being at home, they'll have time to recover better in between (although in some cases, less than 24 hours to recover). Good chance to get a few points.

If RichardR is right and Devils do progress to the BKO final and it's played before the end of the regular season, then I've no idea where they'll fit that in! Maybe use one of the home games v Manchester as a league / Final double - otherwise we could be playing them 4 nights in a row or something :eek:

ASHIPP

It's getting beyond ridiculous. If you are a season ticket holder, it's not a problem - what about fans who can't afford every match? Too much choice in too short a time...not enough money! :( And the affect on the team - not good running into the play-offs. :evil: There must be better ways of planning these fixtures...making the season a couple of weeks longer perhaps to fit in re-scheduled games sensibly? :roll:

TheStub

Look at the early schedule - there was a load more space in there.

Also, why is it so grouped in terms of teams we play? We seem to face the same teams in 4 or so weeks.

I think it is bad for season ticket holders too - you have to make a lot of time in your schedule, at quite short notice. If you miss games, then it is still costing you money in effect.

ASHIPP

TheStub said:
Look at the early schedule - there was a load more space in there.

Also, why is it so grouped in terms of teams we play? We seem to face the same teams in 4 or so weeks.

I think it is bad for season ticket holders too - you have to make a lot of time in your schedule, at quite short notice. If you miss games, then it is still costing you money in effect.
Stub - very good points. Look at the block games we've played. We seemed to play Basingstoke , Sheffield and Coventry all the time early on - now it's Newcastle, Hull and Edinburgh! :x
I see the loss element of being a season ticket holder - 5 home games in a week is asking a big commitment and re-organisation of evenings......a few divorces too!! :lol:

TheStub

I used to drive from Llanelli - so the cheaper option probably would have been week off work and a hotel, over the petrol bills :lol:

Getting my conspiracy head on, has anyone else noticed how much the 'big 4' are playing each other recently? Add in the fact that the Elite coverage on Sky sees to show nothing but those matches now. :shock:

I bet the producers aren't happy that the match shown this Sunday will be the one where the 'lowly' Vipers spank Belfast's bum :lol:

ASHIPP

TheStub said:
Getting my conspiracy head on, has anyone else noticed how much the 'big 4' are playing each other recently? Add in the fact that the Elite coverage on Sky sees to show nothing but those matches now. :shock:

I bet the producers aren't happy that the match shown this Sunday will be the one where the 'lowly' Vipers spank Belfast's bum :lol:
Yeah, last time Sky covered a match featuring the Devils, it was in black and white! :lol: