I demand to be entertained no matter what!

Thread starter #1
I demand to be entertained no matter what

I go the Rink every week and not once do i get the red carpet laid out for me... oh no!

how that smaller than he looks fella with a funny nose and an italian name gets preferential treatment in front of me is incredulous... what is he? some kind of international sports star or something?

I pay my taxes (errr tickets) and when i get into the Rink the atmosphere is just not good enough you know. apparently there are lockers to leave your charisma in when you go through the season ticket entrance, but they don't seem to have allocated me one. obviously didn't pay the full rate for my ticket... you think they could have made allowances, me being who I am and all.

There where threats that my concessionary season ticket was going up by 2% this year - they would have had a mutiny on their hands I can tell you! we soon put a stop to that I had a letter drafted to the editor of the Daily Mail, that would have scared them.

all this new fangled music and things - match night entertainment? yes we were promised it in bucketfulls. bahh I had to think of a chant myself, well when I could get a word in edgeways for that DJ bloke (not a patch on Jimmy young) - what was all that about? and even then nobody new what I was saying so they didn't join in.

It wouldn't matter what I shouted anyway as every time I open my mouth one of those blasted drummers fills it for me.

my seats not big enough - i demand one and a half seats to fit my hot dog in – there’s hardly any crowd anyway, well not around where I sit.

and as for the NEW INTRO! don't get me started about bloody intros... I bloody well can't hear it for that music stuff! it all sounds that same to me! When do I start clapping? I just get into the rythm and then these guys come out onto the Ice and I loose all concentration because of the noise. Just what did the old one sound like , anyone remember?

and don't get me started about the hockey, or lack of it! they don't know a pasedoble from their y fronts. not one with a graceful skating action amongst them. Jane and christopher will be turning in their graves... ahh now that was a good year 1980 ish i think... ahh yes hockey players - not one legend amongst them... they haven't lived long enough to polish Johns boots - oops skates

We were promised an all expenses team from the NHL, where are they? all gone to Sheffield I tell you... ahh yes bring back Bob (Hmmm, sounds like a campaign) (note to self – must learn how to use that interweb thingy, to get more friends to sign petitions etc.) - at least the club was open and transparent under that regime. oh yes... whatever did happen to that nice young man Ted Flattersen?

We was promised loads of money this season and where has it gone? well? I'll tell you! it's gone to those hospitality areas that's where! yeah let them sit there with their Pimms and lemonade. Bugger the ordinary fans. I mean all they want to do is show off and bring their corporate buddies to watch the fights. They're not real hockey supporters, they don't invest money into the club like I do

and just when did Shannon stop playing and become coach? He had deft hands, that stitching on the 1964 retro limited edition red white and green shirts was sublime!

and as for that useless git taking wages for not scoring, jeeesh just don’t get me started!

coach, coach... ahh shannon, glad you haven't retired yet! me and my mates who have been watching hockey for 97 years between us want that guy expelled to siberia immediately! you know the one I mean, yes the one with the funny name on his back, oh I can't remember. Well, as I was saying the salt mines are just too good for that character, very slippery, his eyes are too close together you know.

And another thing - oh bother .. nurse ... nurse... I'm dribbling

:D :D :D Guys, this is not serious and is not meant to depict anyone.. it is just poking a bit of fun at the popular peoples front of judea (F'ing splitters) :D :D :D

Have a nice Day ;)

Thread starter #6
stewie griffin said:
Ha! love it!!
But am I still the only one who actually loves the new intro?! :)
No you're not!

- I actually like the new intro, something must have been done to the sound system on Sunday, as I actually heard it a bit better

Chris

Administrator
It's not that I don't like it, I just don't think it's great :)

Feels like there's something lacking, and I think it's the crowd interacting, I can't work out when/how to join in with the song if I wanted to start clapping as it seems a bit all over the place!

Chris.

James

Administrator
Chris Stone said:
Feels like there's something lacking, and I think it's the crowd interacting, I can't work out when/how to join in with the song if I wanted to start clapping as it seems a bit all over the place!
You can tell its an intro chosen by someone who is a drummer :) not a nice straight forward beat to clap along too. The fact the drummers needed lessons to be able to drum along to it should have been a hint that it's not a good 'join in' tune :)

Thread starter #9
Yeh - I agree it could be a bit more HAPPY CLAPPY - Genuinely

Has anyone tried constructive criticism with the guys involved or is it just a case of this is how it has been done since Moses parted the red sea! and we as fans don't want to change, aren't going to change no matter what!

so stick your refreshingly cool music and new generation crap where the sound system can't reach! :D :D

guys only joking - I really do agree that it needed to change and it probably needs a bit of extra work to make it work - happy clappy and all :) :)

steve

i think the attitude so far has been 'this is it, get used to it' partly because of the plans to upgrade the audio system. unfortunately this is PI's baby, and i think there has been some confusion over what is and what isn't going to be done.

if it looks like the PA is not going to be upgraded (say this season) i think the management should bite the bullet and get rid of the new one - HOWEVER, people should be in no doubt that the old intro will sound crap aswell until changes/repairs are made.

Chris

Administrator
Hadn't noticed a difference in the speakers this season compared to last season? Maybe i'm lucky and still have the working ones in block 5?

Chris.

steve

the overall volume is too low because some of the speakers (which have no independent volume control) top out way to early. i guess someones driven them way too hard before and stretched the cone heads. the speakers have a crap frequency range which means there is no 'punch' to the bass frequencies, and it all just turns into a bit of a durge.

I still don't really like the new intro - I zone out when it is playing, which is not good!

There must be some music out there that will hit the spot!

Chris Stone said:
It's not that I don't like it, I just don't think it's great :)

Chris.
When the song kicks in, gimme a hell, gimme a yeh (hell yeh) then start clapping its quite fast

It would be great if everyone stood and clapped all around the rink it would be an amazing sight and sound for the players to come out to that, hopefully everyone will get used to it