Ice Hockey World Championships

Thread starter #1
With the Stanley cup going on too, this is taking things into overdrive!

I have a region 2 satellite for German telly. I was in work when Germany beat Italy 7-2, but saw the end of the Czechs beating Denmark 2-0, watching Belarus v Finland now, but looking forward to Sweden v Norway at half 8.

Got a fridge full of beer, a big telly, and it's Friday night before a bank holiday weekend. Oh yes. Suits me.

Thread starter #4
If that link works, everyone watch Sweden v Norway (1st period just ended now, Swedes winning 1-0). Real fireworks!

This is why I did German at Uni. So I could watch a sport I wasn't into at the time 7 years later on a larger screen.

Ger-Devils

WelshHabsFan said:
If that link works, everyone watch Sweden v Norway (1st period just ended now, Swedes winning 1-0). Real fireworks!

This is why I did German at Uni. So I could watch a sport I wasn't into at the time 7 years later on a larger screen.
It's the actual IIHF organisation stream so all good. Was watching the Belarus game earlier

Thread starter #6
The Belarus game is a bit like paint drying to be honest, but the Sweden Norway game has some real venom in it. Harder, faster and some silky skills too.

Thread starter #8
Finland v Canada will be awesome. Finland are as yet unbeaten.

I've been following Germany. That went as well as could be expected.

The German fans are bonkers! Sing for the whole of the games.

They need to get more than one song though, if I never hear "Super Deutschland, super Deutschland, ole ole" it'll be too soon :)

Thread starter #11
Dammit. Missed that game 'coz I went to see Ospreys v Munster. Not that that was bad...

I've enjoyed watching Germany though. They've played with heart all though. Having lived amongst them for a year I can say the stereotypes about them are grossly misleading. Ich liebe Deutschland!

WelshHabsFan said:
Dammit. Missed that game 'coz I went to see Ospreys v Munster. Not that that was bad...

I've enjoyed watching Germany though. They've played with heart all though. Having lived amongst them for a year I can say the stereotypes about them are grossly misleading. Ich liebe Deutschland!
Less said about the ospreys game the better.

Didn't think it could get any better than the Finland-Canada game, but it did as Sweden v Russia was one of the best hockey games I've seen in a long time. Russians 3-1 down in a nasty, fast paced game, then Malkin turns on the style with a hat trick for a 7-3 win..awesome