I'm hearing

Koop11

If you going to remove a ‘problem’ you must have a suitable solution. If and when the time ever comes when Gerad parts company with the Devils, this principle must apply.

As I see it, there is no obvious solution waiting to come in. If folk are not content with the level of experience the current coach has then replacing that with anything less is pointless in my opinion.

Koop11

Thanks Kip. Just to point out, I’m not suggesting Gerad is the problem but reflecting the views of many others and making the principle above clear.

My opinion, G is in part is accountable for some of the poor performances but the 20 or so players hitting that ice on game night are the ones who need to take the hit also. I don’t think removing G the equation solves this. G to stay for me but changes to be made.

Think a lot of people are not interested in the "main problem" it's when the players step onto the ice that is when we are judging the team's performance.

We have to stick up for G and continue to support him and the team.
Do fans really think that there is a better skilled and more cost effective answer than our current coaching team?

Backward step if we change mid-season, a new coach will not want to inhert G's team and he will not have the money to bring in new players.

wildthing74

Martynwo said:
Think a lot of people are not interested in the "main problem" it's when the players step onto the ice that is when we are judging the team's performance.

We have to stick up for G and continue to support him and the team.
Do fans really think that there is a better skilled and more cost effective answer than our current coaching team?

Backward step if we change mid-season, a new coach will not want to inhert G's team and he will not have the money to bring in new players.
Good post.I would love the club to give G the option to stay behind the bench and bring a new import in to replace himself.Then when he is in a comparable position to all the arena teams should he be judged against them.

osh

Well, changes had to be made, and I suppose some will say G has acted very quickly bearing in mind we have already gassed Ross as well. Hilly has served the Devils very well over the years and we are indebted to him for some excellent points return as a Brit. I'm actually surprised he has been gassed, but then again, I don't know why or what financial implications are involved. I certainly wish him luck in his future and no doubt he will come back to haunt us at some stage. I certainly think he needs to analyse his game and make a few important changes. Maybe he should spend a bit of time with Joe Calzaghe's dad ( or someone like him ) and learn how to throw a few punches now and again. He is big enough to step in at times, but he won't defend others because he can hardly look after himself in that department. I thought his time away pre season would have meant he came back sharp and ready to go, his performances unfortunately have shown him to be leg weary and off the pace. If we are to bring in an import replacement ( assuming G needs to be on the bench because it's not working for Franny in my opinion ) I would hope we bring in a D man and not a replacement forward. We must utilise our remaining Brits to step up in Hilly's position and a new D man to bolster our present sieve like defence in order to offer decent protection to LaCosta.

jimmy snels

Im not seeing how off the ice (a reference to anyone but the team) effects a crap pp or a team lacking cohesion unless you have something you want to share?

jimmy snels

Same boring rumour that happens when we play crap last ten years. I dont believe it. Although I wouldn't have paid them a couple of times myself this season lol

Would the Devils sack a coach in his testimonial year. Would be very harsh for a guy that has gave so much to the Devils over the years.

kettdevil1

oneill said:
Would the Devils sack a coach in his testimonial year. Would be very harsh for a guy that has gave so much to the Devils over the years.
I would certainly hope that we wouldn't however at the moment nothing going on makes a whole lot of sense......