Is it just me......

Thread starter #1
Or is anyone else thinkin that we could actually do something big this year. Quality D-Man please G onwards and upwards, great times ahead. Well done to G and the rest of the staff that are making these signings possible...LETS GO DEVILS LETS GO !!!
CJ

Wannabe2

CJ we are on a awesome trip at the moment with this great club, the other lot will be quacking in there skates very shortly now, and dont we just love it, at this rate come year 3 of the plan the WORLD WILL BE OUR OYSTER. Keep up the great work guys, what a season in front of us.

I haven't been this excited about a season since around 2000 when we signed

Denis Chasse, Mike Ware, Clayton Norris, Kim Ahlroos, Dwight Parrish to name but a few...

I'm really excited about the next season, and as I said on another thread, I think the recent signings taken us from another season well behind the top 4, to title contenders.... however.... please feel free to shoot me down on this as I wasn't in attendance a couple of years ago, but the last time Smith and Bribrear (sorry about the spelling) where playing for the Devils, didn't we finish 3rd and win nothing? Plus we only won the same amount of regulation games as Newcastle (who finished 8th). Looked like an exciting season for overtimes though - 15 in total!

Anyway, I'm really glad everyone's excited and positive about the season ahead, but I'm just hoping everyone remains realistic about our chances of silverware. A top 3 finish would be fantastic in my opinion and decent runs in the cup competitions.

As for Year 2 of the 3 year plan - everything on and off ice has been really good so far and things are improving all the time. Hopefully the tent will be reguarly at 90%+ capacity by the end of the season and we'll finish in a much better position in the league... then it'll be time for a major challenge in Year 3 :D

You are right about finishing 3rd etc.
but that was the season when there was no ice pad in Cardiff for about half of the season. The devils had to make up then by playing 3/4 games a week in some cases towards the end of the season. Then players got injured because of that and they missed twice the amount of games they would have otherwise.

Also, I'm sure it was Samps on the first line with them...
So, if they managed all that with Samps on their line, imagine what they could achieve with a qaulity import, and a home ice rink ;)