Jardine

TL91

reality is he’s been at the devils before, so they’ll have a pretty good idea of his character before getting him back. Not saying falling outs don’t happen, but I think in this case, highly unlikely!

E.D.S.

I love this thread. It's a brilliant example of what the forum is about. Nobody really knows anything. It's pure speculation. It's just a load of people giving their opinion - some better than others - because they love the sport/team but without doubt it's confirmation that none of us are 'in the know'. So when we comment on a player or tactics, we're just offering an opinion. No need to get so hung up on it or get so personal.

Let's keep some perspective (and I include myself in that).

lloyd_jeff

It’s all about money, circumstances and future prospects. In the U.K. litigation isn’t as common & most players are not on huge wages. Also it’s not a great selling point for future clubs, does a black list exist in Ice Hockey circles, most probably. You’ve only got to look at the “wage cap” debacle, more guidelines than rules.

SteveKing

I have to say I did get a kick out of this thread! It should go without saying that we love both Coughler and Jardine as players and as people (and I hope they feel the same way!!). They are both injured and we are doing more than any club in Europe would ever do to ensure they get better.

I’m so impressed with the team for playing at such a high standard without two of our most important players. Can’t wait to have them back in the lineup.

doron

a concussion is a serious thing, one should never rush someone back, recovery varies from person to person and can take a long time, mine lasted close to 3 months. to go completely. it was a scary time to be honest. i think most people are under 4 wks

Sheincar

RE: contracts, yo only need to look at the cases of Scott Romfo and Dan LaCosta (under a previous regime which we don't speak of) to know how some people in this league view contracts.
Phil Cook who got sacked whilst we were on a triple header in Scotland. Contracts mean nothing in this league.

Sheincar

a concussion is a serious thing, one should never rush someone back, recovery varies from person to person and can take a long time, mine lasted close to 3 months. to go completely. it was a scary time to be honest. i think most people are under 4 wks
Look at Tyson Marsh. Never fully recovered AFAIK.