Jesenice Vs Devils - Conti Cup - 19th Nov 22 - 19:00 FO

fdlf666

I believe we have already qualified! A win for Angers tomorrow puts them on 6 points, level with us. We would need to get at least a point from the Zemgale game to guarantee Top Spot. I’m not sure what the tiebreak criteria would be, but if it is head to head then we will top the group regardless of tomorrows results!
Tie between two teams decided on head to head results, so Devils finish top of Group E no matter what tonight’s result is.

drainage

Really surprised with how quiet the arena is. I would've loved to have gone all weekend, but unfortunately I'm working.
There may be other factors at play yesterdays game had better attendance than Fri but having paid over £500 for my ST £100 for playoff ticket then an additional £45 for Conti cup it may have been an ask too much for some …. I could afford it and paid it but can well imagine many can’t it’s probably nearly a weeks food shopping for many ! Family of 4 buying tickets vs buying webcast ? Probably a non brainer

BostonBart22

Plus some may have had freebies for the rugby as a lot were issued to clubs and tkts were 10..00 cheapest so an ideal event for families to go to stadium that never been before

august04 2.0

I sit in Block 19 and had no problems so far this weekend.There were quite a few assorted european fans and they were great.I didnt see any problems from my Block.The fans opposite seemed to be Angers fans who looked like they were having fun but no bother.
Does anyone know who this group is the club must know from the ticket sales.Sorry to say they could be angry welsh fans after the defeat
to Georgia.
The problem with Cardiff Fire can surely be sorted by TK and Devils management.
They weren’t from any of the other teams. Locals on the piss no doubt.

august04 2.0

I haven't seen any crowd issues either, in fact I think it's been great. If people want a crowd like a theatre audience then maybe live sport isn't for them. Except snooker perhaps.
The most idiotic post I’ve seen for a long time. The problem was not with hockey fans who created a great atmosphere. IAW is not the place for dickheads on the piss, shouting abuse (including at players, the refs and the Zamboni driver!), trying to get into the Devils bench area to get at someone after banging on the plexi at the side of the bench, vile swearing and general obnoxious behaviour ruining the game for those unlucky enough to be sat near them. Just think yourself lucky you weren’t effected, before posting crass nonsense.

Pembo

The most idiotic post I’ve seen for a long time. The problem was not with hockey fans who created a great atmosphere. IAW is not the place for dickheads on the piss, shouting abuse (including at players, the refs and the Zamboni driver!), trying to get into the Devils bench area to get at someone after banging on the plexi at the side of the bench, vile swearing and general obnoxious behaviour ruining the game for those unlucky enough to be sat near them. Just think yourself lucky you weren’t effected, before posting crass nonsense.
Yeah there is supporting the team and being a total distraction/nuisance. One of the reasons we like the hockey is it’s (in general) a fun family friendly night out, unlike the football. We don’t want to import more toxicity.

moggy#9

Yeah there is supporting the team and being a total distraction/nuisance. One of the reasons we like the hockey is it’s (in general) a fun family friendly night out, unlike the football. We don’t want to import more toxicity.
To be honest I'd rather not import the booze culture that accompanies the egg chasers. There's always been an element in hockey (I remember peeler being pissed on double headers before we got to Carlisle), but I've always felt that in rinks drinking should be confined to the bar after the match. Unfortunately I guess the money to be made trumps all. I suppose we should be thankful that we don't have to tolerate the animated boards that they have in the nhl now.

MA18

To be honest I'd rather not import the booze culture that accompanies the egg chasers. There's always been an element in hockey (I remember peeler being pissed on double headers before we got to Carlisle), but I've always felt that in rinks drinking should be confined to the bar after the match. Unfortunately I guess the money to be made trumps all. I suppose we should be thankful that we don't have to tolerate the animated boards that they have in the nhl now.
I do like 2 or 3 beers during the game. Given most people who drink probably do the same and know how to behave correctly it would be unfair to change the rules because a few idiots can’t control themselves. Just police those idiots correctly and it will be fine.

august04 2.0

I do like 2 or 3 beers during the game. Given most people who drink probably do the same and know how to behave correctly it would be unfair to change the rules because a few idiots can’t control themselves. Just police those idiots correctly and it will be fine.
That’s the problem though. IAW security are not exactly renowned for dealing with these groups in an appropriate manner. I saw them speak 3 or 4 times with those yobs. They should have been thrown out immediately, especially after one of them tried to get at the Devils bench! If that’s not sufficient grounds to eject someone, I don’t know what is!!

MA18

That’s the problem though. IAW security are not exactly renowned for dealing with these groups in an appropriate manner. I saw them speak 3 or 4 times with those yobs. They should have been thrown out immediately, especially after one of them tried to get at the Devils bench! If that’s not sufficient grounds to eject someone, I don’t know what is!!
Again don’t penalise 99% of people who can have an appropriate drink, sort out the security.
It’s an easier conversation with your two security guys to clamp down rather than a few hundred folk who are behaving.

august04 2.0

Again don’t penalise 99% of people who can have an appropriate drink, sort out the security.
It’s an easier conversation with your two security guys to clamp down rather than a few hundred folk who are behaving.
I’m not advocating penalising anyone by the way, but I am fed up of having to put up with this shit on a fairly regular basis because security are not doing their jobs properly. We’ve had our fair share of these large groups in block 10, on Saturday nights, unfortunately.

moggy#9

I think that a big party of the problem is the mentality of the non hockey fans who are being attracted. I've got no problem with hockey fans having a drink during the game. My problem is with those for whom the booze comes first and who bring a mindset that has plagued other sports.

Wannabe2

We have been drinking at Devils games since 1986, with very little problems,so don’t penalise the majority because of the immaturity of a small amount of knobs. Yes it has to be addressed as this behaviour has no place at our gaff.

MA18

I think that a big party of the problem is the mentality of the non hockey fans who are being attracted. I've got no problem with hockey fans having a drink during the game. My problem is with those for whom the booze comes first and who bring a mindset that has plagued other sports.
Agreed. I think that comes down to the strategy to make every game a ‘hell out’. We’ve obviously been giving tickets to students, our block has been full of them the last few games.
I think the stewards (blue tops) need a refresher, the two security guys (black tops) normally do a good job when they are called in.
That being said we are poles apart from the rugby. I’ve been in the stadium the last two weeks, the drinking and moving around culture in there is shocking. ‘Bars close on 70mins, best go and get 6 pints between the two of us’. £7 a pop, in a thin plastic that tastes awful. Don’t get it.