Jesse Gimblett

osh

Thread starter #1
With so much focus on Deeds leaving, I thought it only fair to make a mention about our latest signing Jesse Gimblett. In view of how quickly he will be arriving, it is obvious that G had this sorted out for some time. Just hope that Biz returns and we can then look to go on a good run of winning games to challenge for the league.
Without wishing to knock Deeds time with us, I think Gimblett will be a better signing for the rest of the season and will hopefully get on the scoresheet a bit more often than his predecessor who,s points return was very disappointing to be fair. Should he stay out of the bin a bit more than Deeds, that will also benefit the team as well. I am looking forward to his arrival and despite his lack of actual match practice, it sounds as though he will be in good physical shape, something that Deeds struggled with in the first month of his time with us.

Let's see how the guy rolls when he gets here. Open minded to be honest, especially when the old 'power forward' handle gets mentioned as per the official website.

I don't think his average point per game production is that much higher career wise than what Devin's is, but we'll see how he gets on :)

voth26

anyone think gimblett is a better comparison to the void left by brad?, im not taking a shot at deeds in any way at all, i said when deeds was announced as brads replacement that i didnt think he was but maybe he would have been better suited to an agitators role who knows, if we had someone like gimblett as well deeds may have been happier in himself, to be fair who ever comes into take on that role that brad made his own they are going to have one hell of a pair of skates to fill.

osh

Thread starter #5
I think the hope is that Biz will be back as our enforcer, such is his presence I don't think many will try and bully us and therefore Gimblett will be allowed to get on and play his role as a winger/ scorer/provider of goals as posed to the role that Deeds was doing.

Wannabe2

Welcome to Cardiff Jesse, a Beautiful City with awesome fans, hope you enjoy your first Welsh Xmas, you are joining a great bunch of players, Enjoy.

Have Hope#35

voth26 said:
anyone think gimblett is a better comparison to the void left by brad?, im not taking a shot at deeds in any way at all, i said when deeds was announced as brads replacement that i didnt think he was but maybe he would have been better suited to an agitators role who knows, if we had someone like gimblett as well deeds may have been happier in himself, to be fair who ever comes into take on that role that brad made his own they are going to have one hell of a pair of skates to fill.
I think you could be right, I certainly hope you are! As much as I liked Deeds he didn't have a physical enough side to him... Yeah he would take a punch off almost anyone but i'm not sure he stood up for himself and other players enough? That was proved on Saturday against Nottingham... Deeds played on the Top line with Faulkner and Blight as Birbraer and Biz were out, one thing I noticed is that Faulkner and Blight took an absolute beating on the night... At one point Blight stepped in to defend Faulkner, imho that needed to be Deeds, he was brought in to play that roll and he should have been looking out for the guys who put the points on the board!

I wish all the best to Deeds as he brought a buzz to the place and I got the feeling that he was a good guy to have in the dressing room, however now we all need to get behind Gimblett... Hopefully he's the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle as long as we can keep hold of Biz!? Jesse, welcome to Cardiff :Banana

jimmy snels

Have Hope#35 said:
voth26 said:
I think you could be right, I certainly hope you are! As much as I liked Deeds he didn't have a physical enough side to him... Yeah he would take a punch off almost anyone but i'm not sure he stood up for himself and other players enough? That was proved on Saturday against Nottingham... Deeds played on the Top line with Faulkner and Blight as Birbraer and Biz were out, one thing I noticed is that Faulkner and Blight took an absolute beating on the night... At one point Blight stepped in to defend Faulkner, imho that needed to be Deeds, he was brought in to play that roll and he should have been looking out for the guys who put the points on the board!

I wish all the best to Deeds as he brought a buzz to the place and I got the feeling that he was a good guy to have in the dressing room, however now we all need to get behind Gimblett... Hopefully he's the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle as long as we can keep hold of Biz!? Jesse, welcome to Cardiff :Banana
i said this same thing a fortnight ago and got slated.... now he's been released I'll be interested to see if the red tinted glasses are removed and we can see deeds needed to be consistently intimidating and stick up for his smaller line mates more. I basically think if you score 2goals so far in a season you best be doing something else!