Joey Haddad is back

bdevil

I wouldn't be surprised if Hotham has already signed and we're holding back on announcing him until not long before the start of the season for the shock/surprise factor.. He's still in Cardiff and until he's announced as signed for another team I consider him a Devil...

Hope I'm not wrong!

Have Hope#35

Hotham tweeted this two weeks ago:
Andrew Hotham ‏@MarvinHotham - May 30
Exams are done...only a thesis to go... Thanks for the year Cardiff. #Torontobound #Barriesummer

When Joel was announced last year, the video they showed of him picking up the puck around centre ice then skating in on goal, holding a defender off with one hand then going on to score said it all for me. The strength and skill is just incredible!
Stoked to have him back for sure!

Very happy to have Haddad back. Great two way player who uses his body well and scores some big goals.

Team shaping up very nicely. My thinking for lines so far is

Salters - New import Centre - Doucet
Mo (hopefully) - Martin - Lord
Haddad - Culligan (hopefully) - Walton

Devil94

I do find it strange that Mo hasn't been announced already, if he is coming back. Can't think of a reason why he wouldn't come back and I would love to have him back, but the fact he hasn't been announced makes me think he might not.

Forgot we still needed two centers with Myers and probably Tahtinen leaving. I think re signing Culligan would be up there with the biggest signing.

DevilDom

Don't forget that Culligan suffered a nasty injury at the end of last season and may not be fit to start the new season. I hope he comes back but Lord may not want to take the risk on him.

Have Hope#35

DevilDom said:
Don't forget that Culligan suffered a nasty injury at the end of last season and may not be fit to start the new season. I hope he comes back but Lord may not want to take the risk on him.
One of Lords tougher decisions this Summer I'm sure!

As mentioned on another thread Mo has started going out with a girl from Cardiff and she is currently out in Banff with him.

I can't see why he would not want to come back and cant think of any reason that Lord would not want him back. Probably the best PS taker in the league alongside with Doucet. Makes sense :)

ASHIPP

Koop11 said:
I think Mo will be back and it wouldn't surprise me if he is a contender for team captain.
A no brainer for me. Mo is definitely a leader on the ice..in the event of Tyson not returning.

voth26

Koop11 said:
I think Mo will be back and it wouldn't surprise me if he is a contender for team captain.
Depends if Tyson returns??, im 50/50 if Mo will return, hope so but he may want a change after 2yrs here

wildthing74

Mo would be a great choice as he leads by example on the ice and is disciplined so would be calm dealing with officials much the same as Richie. He was young when he wore the C last time but I would love him to be given the job again.

jimmy snels

I've been thinking about this tyson staying thing. Don't get me wrong i hope he does, an excellent player. I just hope his heart is 100% in it and not half thinking if he should retire. Goes the same for any player we sign i guess.

As for mo ive read sbout his pen shots and leadership but i thought his shot blocking on a pk was possibly his greatest attribute. Really led that kill with rickie last year IMO

ASHIPP

You could see how much this Club and the fans mean to Tyson when he skated around the rink after the last game last season. If a player stays 3 years there must be good reasons! A great player and great captain. Its obvious how much he loves this club. No reason to believe he would give anything less than 100% to a decision to stay..or his performance.

DevilDom

I like Tyson as a player and don't get me wrong he has been great for the Devils but I think it might be best for both parties if he retires. He has played injured or not 100% for the past 2 years and sometimes this has shown up. Maybe it was because we had such a great team last season but he didn't really stand out for me as I believe a C should. The year before he was awesome on a struggling team so I am kind of torn but would like to remember him as a top defence man rather than an average one playing on for one year too many.

DevilDom said:
Maybe it was because we had such a great team last season but he didn't really stand out for me as I believe a C should. /quote]
You seem to forget the time Westgarth boarded Piggott and Marsh as the C stepped in knowing he was going to get battered by the toughest guy in the league standing up for his fellow team mate. He led by example there!!