Keefe's Penalty

tim78

Thread starter #1
Just noticed Keefe's end of game penalty was marked as a 20M but now shows 20G?
Assuming it's a typo or has it been revised!

James

Administrator
It seems to happen a lot that a penalty is originally incorrectly marked as match then corrected to game. Dunno what the actual call was in this place but it's happened a couple of times this season.

James

Administrator
No. By the look of it, it was for instigating a fight in the last 2 mins. It won't get reviewed unless a request is made by Fife or unless he's accrued enough game penalties to warrant further suspension.

voth26

Or possibly someone noticed it was a match pen meaning Keefe would miss a game and had it changed to game!! nah they wouldn't do that would they???

Ocko

If he gets a suspension that's a really dumb move from a Captain. Game was lost and he went looking for it. I get the whole 'team need a spark' thing but he should've been smarter. Especially with a important game coming up.

James

Administrator
Why is it automatically reviewed ? Does anyone know the logic? Surely instigating within the last two minutes is purely a disciplinary penalty and not a safety issue.

Gazza272

Why is it automatically reviewed ? Does anyone know the logic? Surely instigating within the last two minutes is purely a disciplinary penalty and not a safety issue.

Hartwick, Romfo and Voth were given game suspensions for fighting in the last 2 minutes of the game back in 09.

I think it has been dished out to others also. But it hasn't raised it's head for a while.

James

Administrator
Yep its been a game penalty for fighting in the last 2 mins for a few years, I was just wondering why it should warrant automatic review. Not that I'm complaining as its Keefe.

Devil_Abroad

According to Elite Web site DOPS looking at a REQUESTED REVIEW.
I believe the website states there are no requested reviews. Keefe's apparently is an automatic review that doesn't fall into the examples they give for automatic reviews.

Strange, but then the last few decisions have also been strange right?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

I've asked EIHL to update their website to include this type of penalty under the 'automatically reviewed'

I'm assuming that Walser was classed as playing and so the coach on the game sheet would be the 'bench coach' as in Assistant Coach on the game sheet. I assume the same would happen for us when Lord is on the ice playing.

I wonder if Keefe was unaware of the instigator in last 2 mins being assessed an automatic 1 game suspension? Thanks to him all teams are now aware again lol

Unlike a non-existant check to the head, Keefe's ban isn't even open to interpretation - it was an instigator pen in the last 2 mins, it doesn't get any clearer than that! I'm seeing a tonne of pompous tweets from Giants fans regarding how gracefully they're taking the suspension :rolleyes: "unlike some clubs" ie. devils fans. *sigh

Gospel

looking at the previous Devils games and the game sheets when Lordo has played, he has been named as coach so if the situation were to happen to us then Lordo would be suspended to.

It would be very helpful for fans of all clubs if the EIHL actually published its 'rule book' instead of just saying we follow these rules when something happens!

Devil_Abroad

looking at the previous Devils games and the game sheets when Lordo has played, he has been named as coach so if the situation were to happen to us then Lordo would be suspended to.

It would be very helpful for fans of all clubs if the EIHL actually published its 'rule book' instead of just saying we follow these rules when something happens!
Walser is down on the game sheet as Coach so I'm assuming because he was playing then Stewart is deemed as the 'bench coach'. I'm therefore surmising that when Lord is on the ice the 'bench coach' would be classed as the coach for penalty.

This is all supposition

pjj365

Walser is down on the game sheet as Coach so I'm assuming because he was playing then Stewart is deemed as the 'bench coach'. I'm therefore surmising that when Lord is on the ice the 'bench coach' would be classed as the coach for penalty.

This is all supposition

On the Game Centre Stewart is shown as assistant coach so, presumably, can be penalised as bench coach. We do not list Jamie so assume under these circumstances we would only have Lordo to be penalised