keep/go

Thread starter #1
now the play-offs are over and rumours begin to stir was just wondering on who of the last years team people want to stay and who they want to move on. for me its

Lylye - Keep - thought he had a great season and frees up that extra import space.
crisp - keep
Jarvis - Keep - another great season in a devils shirt. a must keep imo
Hartwick - go
romfo - go - just couldnt replace tyson
richardson - keep
symonds - keep
Stone - go
Smith - keep - fantastic towards the later stages of the season and started to wrok well with max again
Birbaer - keep - as as above
latulippe - go
Voth - go - id love to see him back, but he seemed off his game much of the season, probely due to the reffing
Michel - keep - grittest player ever 110% every shift must keep
Miller - keep - good speed and really gets under the oppositions skin
Finnerty - keep - great siging to make half way through the seaosn a must keep player
Hill - keep
Towe - keep
Davies-keep
Hayes - keep

DevilDom

Not sure now is the best time for this, however I would keep the majority of the team (if possible and it probably isn't) -Retirements and player personal choices will probably have a big impact on the team next year.

A

Anonymous

Keep pretty much everyone, need another solid D man imo, and perhaps more experienced cover for Lyle? :roll:

Chris

Administrator
It's the end of the season, I guess this thread is allowed now ;)

Lyle - Keep - Far far far better than I expected, didn't see much of him when he played for Belfast and hadn't seen him prior to that
Crisp - Keep - Not a bad netminder, as far as backups go
Jarvis - Keep - After all the nonsense when we signed him, he's been pretty damn good :)
Hartwick - Go - Just not convinced anymore, bring someone new in...
Romfo - Go - Same as above, played well in the playoffs but rest of the season wasn't so great
Richardson - Keep - One of the better brits around, has become our captain and has been a great addition.
Symonds - Keep - Just needs some more ice time and he could be a good replacement for Stone.
Stone - Go - A season too far in my view, the league improved this season and if it stays the same/improves again next season we need better players.
Smith - Keep - Once he recovered from injury he's really picked his game up, if we could guarantee some ice time across the summer i'd have him for next season...
Birbraer - Go - Scored the two goals in the playoff final, but has been so inconsistent across the season it's unreal, bring in a top end CHL goal scorer...
Latulippe - 50/50 - Good first season, not so great this season but has picked up the points...
Voth - Go - For 4 seasons he was great, but this season he just seems to be a victim of previous seasons and it's going to harm the club as a whole, I think we need to bring a new face in
Michel - Keep - One of the best additions to our team this season, gives 100% every game and has picked up a fair number of points.
Miller - 50/50 - Can pick up the points but has seemed a bit inconsistent across the season, however that may not be his fault entirely...
Finnerty - Keep - Great addition to the team, against Sheffield we saw his real value...
Hill - Keep - A good season for Hill, as a brit we really need to keep hold of him.
Towe - Keep - Get him on a settled line and I think he could pick a lot more points up, shafted by our lines this season though so I think he'll be off :/
Davies - Go - I don't want to lose him, but I think for his own benefit he needs a couple of seasons in North America or a higher end EPL club.
Hayes - Keep - Seemed to play very well this season when given the ice time...

Chris.

A

Anonymous

See for me Miller is better than Finnerty, both very good mind you. Isn't Max our highest points scorer? Certainly one of them anyhow. I would love to keep all 3 !

James

Administrator
I guess it may come down to money, but I had heard Richardson was very keen to stay in Cardiff. I'd guess giving him the C might have been partly to encourage him to stay.

Lyle - Keep
Crisp - Keep or drop to ENL Devils for more games
Jarvis - Keep
Hartwick - Keep
Romfo - Go
Richardson - Keeps
Symonds - Keep
Stone - Retire
Smith - Go
Birbraer - Go
Latulippe - 50/50 - Think we have seen the best
Voth - Go - Had the best
Michel - Must Keep
Miller - Go - Only good second half of season
Finnerty - Keep
Hill - Keep
Towe - Keep
Davies - Keep but need to go to ENL Devils for more games or maybe a trip to USA for a year
Hayes - Same as Ben

Appart from that i think we have had a good team this season. Need a lot of tweeking

kettdevil1

James said:
I guess it may come down to money, but I had heard Richardson was very keen to stay in Cardiff. I'd guess giving him the C might have been partly to encourage him to stay.
He must be a priority for G to sign. Where else will we get a British D man of his quality?

voth26

that may be the rumour but a lot of squeelers fans really dont like brad and are against signing him!!! seems some devils fans are also against resigning him even more !!!!!!! :shock: in the interview before playoffs when asked "what the future holds for brad voth" he seemed as if he didnt want to answer :?: also he seemed unsure but thought that "fans liked him at home for his style of play and contributions to the team, Brad you need to know you are a definate, respected,loved fans favorite and the majority of fans want you to return with out a shadow of a doubt

Crisp - Keep
Jarvis - Keep
Hartwick - GO
Romfo - GO
Richardson - Keep
Symonds - Keep
Stone - Retire
Smith - Go/RETIRE
Birbraer - Go
Latulippe - 50/50 - Think we have seen the best
Voth - KEEP if we can
Michel - Must Keep
Miller - 50/50-
Finnerty - Keep
Hill - Keep
Towe - Keep
Davies - Keep
Hayes - keep

Every single one of you has said Romfo has to go, are you watching the same Devils team i have for the past seven months, he shouldnt have been binned the first time, and since he has come back has continually been our best Defence man, everyone compares him to Teplitsky, no he is not Teplitsky, he cant skate the length of the ice and score special goals, but boy can he defend and do the job he is primarily paid for. I bet if we dont keep him, there will be a number of arena teams queuing up for him. He has at times made mistakes, all the team have, but he is gritty, works hard for the team and a must for next season.

Lyle - Keep
Crisp - Keep or drop to ENL Devils for more games
Jarvis - Keep
Hartwick - go
Romfo - Go
Richardson - Keep
Symonds - Keep
Stone - Retire
Smith - Go
Birbraer - Keep
Latulippe - Keep
Voth - keep
Michel - Keep
Miller - Go
Finnerty - Keep
Hill - Keep
Towe - go
Davies - Keep
Hayes - keep

A

Anonymous

SPEEDACE said:
Every single one of you has said Romfo has to go, are you watching the same Devils team i have for the past seven months, he shouldnt have been binned the first time, and since he has come back has continually been our best Defence man, everyone compares him to Teplitsky, no he is not Teplitsky, he cant skate the length of the ice and score special goals, but boy can he defend and do the job he is primarily paid for. I bet if we dont keep him, there will be a number of arena teams queuing up for him. He has at times made mistakes, all the team have, but he is gritty, works hard for the team and a must for next season.
I agree. In my book he's a better D man than Hartwick. Romfo played very well indeed in the play-off final, and has generally played well since returning to the side.

SPEEDACE said:
Every single one of you has said Romfo has to go, are you watching the same Devils team i have for the past seven months, he shouldnt have been binned the first time, and since he has come back has continually been our best Defence man, ...........
We clearly have not been watching the same team !!

SPEEDACE said:
Totally agree Romfo is a must keep, gives away necessary penalties but then our pk lets us down and some fans say he is always in the bin when we get scored upon. The reason is that our best defenceman is not on the ice. Shouldn t have gone in the first place

schulersagoodun said:
SPEEDACE said:
Every single one of you has said Romfo has to go, are you watching the same Devils team i have for the past seven months, he shouldnt have been binned the first time, and since he has come back has continually been our best Defence man, ...........
We clearly have not been watching the same team !!
Obviously not, when we are on the penalty kill and he is not the one in the box he is normallly on the ice for 80 % of the kill, whereas if he is in the box we generally tend to concede. Unfortunately everyone wants the flashy D man, which Romfo will never be. Just my opinion of course, each entitled to there own.