Kurka and Hervato Sign

KaneDevils

Sorry but I must chuckle slightly. Simms suggests were signing hervato nobody's impressed. The next day the club announces his signing and everyone's delighted. :lol:

Chris

Administrator
Great to see Kurka back, he was rather good when he was here last with a team that was being shafted from top to bottom coupled with the off ice shenanigans... So hopefully he'll be even better than before!

Not convinced at all about the Hervato signing, but if he's as good as Lord is saying then hopefully my opinion will be changing rather quickly.

KaneDevils said:
Sorry but I must chuckle slightly. Simms suggests were signing hervato nobody's impressed. The next day the club announces his signing and everyone's delighted. :lol:
Just a shame he has to interfere with other Clubs news :(

Finny

Thread starter #28
KaneDevils said:
I think we were all a bit guilty of getting carried away playing Fantasy Hockey Manager and trying to find two ex-NHLers to fill those roster spots.

If Hervato had been announced on his own today there probably wouldn't have been quite the turnaround and there would still be a lot of scepticism. Comparing our team to our rivals - and in particular to Sheffield who have completed their roster - I felt we needed two forwards each scoring 20-25 goals each.

Zach I feel will score around 16 goals in the league and maybe 20 overall. Which would have meant we needed a big signing for our final forward to keep up. And that's exactly what Kurka is. Based on his previous stint with us he should comfortably break the 30 goal barrier and I wouldn't be too shocked if he hit 40 overall.

So I was hoping for 40-50 goals from out final two forwards and we've got 45-55.

It's also worth comparing Hervato to other sides 9th forward so far:
Belfast: Darryl Lloyd
Braehead: Ben Davies
Coventry: Cale Tanaka
Dundee: Lidhammer
Edinburgh: Barron
Fife: Danny Stewart
Manchester: ??
Nottingham: Lizon?
Sheffield: Jono Phillips

I can't see any of those player scoring more than Hervato?

I am absolutely delighted with the return of Kurka. He put serious numbers up in a very poor Devils team, however he will be frightening in this roster. Always been a big fan of him and he will smoke the big ice with his speed in the new arena, let alone be the clever transitional player who can quarterback the plays in the BBT.

Hervato...on first glance does not look anything, but who had heard of Haddad last year. He may come under the raydar again and surprise the league! I am so happy about Kurka reurning!!!!! :Banana

KaneDevils

I know, just having a laugh. We know Simms is an idiot and he shouldn't be revealing signings before the club, but thats him. Likes to be the daddy.

I did say he'd be alright as a 3rd line centre. More than alright. But then I did say we wouldn't sign Kurka! :lol:

ASHIPP

Great news to have Tomas Kurka back at the Devils. What a class act he is. He shone in the league as a top skilled player. Now amongst competitive skilled teammates we will see how pivotal his experience and ability will be. Welcome home Tomas.

The Club have made a very clever signing in Zach Hervato. Not only a dual national with EIHL
with EIHL experience, he is young, fast and with good points production. Lordo acknowledges Hervato's potential in the website interview. The Club took a chance last season on a young player of similar experience who turned out to be a real gem...his name is Chris Culligan.
Welcome to the Devils, Zach. Hope you feel at home!

Nothing not to like with these 2 signings.. Kurka full of class and goals...Hervato full of potential and a player we would rather not play against.

Will work well on the bigger ice as well. Serious speed going on with these two players.

We have some big point scorers up front this year on all our lines.

Well done Devils....how long to go now?

KaneDevils said:
I know, just having a laugh. We know Simms is an idiot and he shouldn't be revealing signings before the club, but thats him. Likes to be the daddy.

I did say he'd be alright as a 3rd line centre. More than alright. But then I did say we wouldn't sign Kurka! :lol:
Simmsey will say something on Hervato but nothing on Kurka...Hmmm..wonder why? Hervato...slight risk maybe but someone our Coach rates and on 3rd Line a great signing IMHO...Kurka...everyone would have him and we got him. Bring it on. We will score 20+ more goals than last year with these two.

Went to elite league playoffs and was very impressed with Hervato against Steelers great speed and tenacity, surprising how you notice players more as a neutral spectator, he's going to be a big hit with us next year. Kurka? Just so happy with him coming back.

Slartibartfast

Check out what the new boys can do. Great penalty shoot out between Braehead and Hull.
At 12.04 Leigh Salters scores a beauty only to be followed by a great equaliser from Zach Hervato. This is followed by another goal from Salters and a miss from Hervato (but at least he scored one.)
No other players from either side scored a single goal in this shootout. Methinks Lord was watching this video when he was looking for players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZzN_nDRoaQ

Koop11

I’m very excited with these signings. Kurka is a fabulous player. Heads up, strong on the puck, great vision and is a proven scorer at the highest level. He was a league above the rest of the team in that horrible season we had.

Hervato is a more unknown but could be a real gem of a player. He has pace and has a relentless work rate. Our line up was missing that rat of a player and hopefully Hervato can fill that role. Former Hull boys Bowns and Doucet will no doubt help make his transition to our club even smoother.

Both players know the league and that is important. In fact, every player we have signed so far has played in the Elite.

The forward line up has points all the way through it. If we do manage to add Hothem to that points tally then we have arguable the most offensive team in the league. One thing I am certain we have over every other club this forthcoming season is speed – “greasy, fast, SPEED”

DevilDom

Very pleased with these signings and how our forward lines are shaping up - we are stacked with offensive potential. Kurka should comfortably be in the top 10 points scorers in the league and Hervato has the potential to do extremely well too. I feel Hervato is a player in the Tylor Michel type mould and if he does anything like as well as he did we will all be very pleased. Those questioning his signing need to remember we still have a budget to maintain and as much as we would all like to see ex NHLers nobody wants to be in the position we were 18 months ago! It's also about team make up and not just the individuals - Hervato I imagine will have a role in the team as an aggresive fore checker on a high energy line for which he will be perfect.

Rempel16

Devil May Care said:
I am absolutely delighted with the return of Kurka. He put serious numbers up in a very poor Devils team, however he will be frightening in this roster. Always been a big fan of him and he will smoke the big ice with his speed in the new arena, let alone be the clever transitional player who can quarterback the plays in the BBT.

Hervato...on first glance does not look anything, but who had heard of Haddad last year. He may come under the raydar again and surprise the league! I am so happy about Kurka reurning!!!!! :Banana
Haddad was seen by ECHL coaches as the best all round player on the East Coast. He had a wealth of AHL experience and was known as a leader.

I think of last seasons roster Haddad was anything but an under the radar signing.

I would say that Culligan (1st year pro) and Clarkson (injuries previously) were signed under the radar signings.

Ibbz9

I think with the make-up of forwards that the Devils have, they will be spending quite a bit of time on the PP. A lot of speed and skill that will obviously draw lots of penalties. I think with the signings that other teams have made, this could have influenced the Hervato signing. Very shrewd. As well as Clarkson, Myers and Mychan did for the Devils, I think that Salters, Doucet, Kurka and Hervato offer more as a group.