Last Signing

biz left before xmas, so we have had plenty of time to sort this out. we may not have the funds that arena teams have, but which ever way you look at it, g signed deeds to police our skilled players and he was let go with no plan b, mac has payed the price for the incompitance of others at the club, everyone and his dog knew what was needed, but those with the power have let us and the team down. the players that are left standing will have to battle it out short benched and with no enfocer type to watch there backs. now is the time for a forum, not when P R called one the other week at his convenience.

Ragan should have known that Faulkner would be injured and wait to call the forum.

What would there be to discuss? He has repeatedly stated that G has a budget to work to, if there is a fault surely it is how the budget has been spent?

rocketbob

I am not sure why PR is getting all the flak for not signing an enforcer. I was under the impression that G and Franny are in charge of recruitment (and as always they have managed to work miracles and signed an incredibly talented squad with a comparatively small budget). However, as has been said already it has been clear for some time that we lack players willing to consistently step in to protect or skill players and this has so far not been remedied. I both support and trust G and Franny and hope that they can do something about this (ideally before the deadline this year, but if this is impossible, for the start of next season at the very least).

Paul Sullivan

redtilldead said:
biz left before xmas, so we have had plenty of time to sort this out. we may not have the funds that arena teams have, but which ever way you look at it, g signed deeds to police our skilled players and he was let go with no plan b, mac has payed the price for the incompitance of others at the club, everyone and his dog knew what was needed, but those with the power have let us and the team down. the players that are left standing will have to battle it out short benched and with no enfocer type to watch there backs. now is the time for a forum, not when P R called one the other week at his convenience.
Deeds wasn't let go. He left. Accounts of his time here seem to say he wasn't doing what he was brought in to do for us, for whatever reason.

Putting aside you have made my favourite ever mistake (getting the spelling of 'incompetence' wrong), I would like to know who's incompetence in the Devils org you believe to have caused Mac's injury.

Paul Sullivan said:
Putting aside you have made my favourite ever mistake (getting the spelling of 'incompetence' wrong), I would like to know who's incompetence in the Devils org you believe to have caused Mac's injury.
Whose incompetence for interrogative genitive. Who's is the abbreviated form of who is.

Not helpful, not relevant. But I couldn't help myself. I'm sorry. Please ignore me.

Paul Sullivan

WelshHabsFan said:
Paul Sullivan said:
Whose incompetence for interrogative genitive. Who's is the abbreviated form of who is.

Not helpful, not relevant. But I couldn't help myself. I'm sorry. Please ignore me.
:lol: Well played sir.

However there is a difference between the incorrect spelling and the cowardly (but accurate) 'damn you, auto correct!' :oops:

'We all make mistakes' said the Dalek, dismounting the dustbin.

rolf

Thread starter #128
Genius. We needed 2 players and maybe more due to Philbo's olympic wrist. And thankfully we have signed up 2 more. Brent Pope as Director of Hockey and some other guy for the DCF. Whoooopeeee playoffs here we come. This time we gonna win it, oh yes

paul, :eek: spelling more important than players safety, don't give a hoot why deeds went, the point is, we have not replaced him, it's been said for most of the season and last we don't have the enforcer type player or the team toughness, so to see biznasty leave and deeds follow out the door with no cover in, is wrong on many levels. we go to fife less about 4 imports if g's hand has not recoverd ( all down to the club not bringing in a tough guy ) and a couple of brits due to G B dutys ( hill may be out for longer ) and don't be suprised if we don't incure more injurys on the way due to double shifting and playing belfast 3 more times , all i'm saying is, people at the club (you decide ) have not done the job we pay them to do, evan coventry are carrying an extra import, if we can't compete at this level drop to a league that is compatible with our financial standing, how ever unpleasant that may be.

Thought this thread was about a new signing. Just seems to be people moaning again. Yeah we may be short benches there plenty of team that have been shortbenched. Shall we stop being so negative and get behind the players we have? Or just keep moaning about it of course

sorry if you think i'm moaning, it's a forum and if you read my last two post's back i think you will see all my points can be chewed over but are based on fact. darnell, belfast, stewart, christiansen are not to blame for the situation we find ourselves in. yes, some of them have and will take advantage of our situation, but it is a situation of our own making. and believe me i am 100 % behind the boys , after all is said and done it is the players who have to battle on in adversity. we can choose to not go or leave early. as a lot do.

noodlesboy said:
Thought this thread was about a new signing. Just seems to be people moaning again. Yeah we may be short benches there plenty of team that have been shortbenched. Shall we stop being so negative and get behind the players we have? Or just keep moaning about it of course
Think this thread will spiral down and be about the lack of a signing. 'Shall we stop being so negative and get behind the players we have? Or just keep moaning about it of course' just what St Ragan wants you to think. We may be fans but we are still customers, of a diluted product. I understand totally getting behind the team as a fan but some will take advantage of the good nature of the fans.

I didn't for one minute think we were going to sign anyone,PR wanted to start the season with 10 imports but realised the feeling amongst the fan base and wanted to sell more season tickets, and I believe he was going to end with 10 but circumstances have overtaken and we will now end with 9 and maybe less if the injuries take their toll from playing shortbenched. The lack of a Voth type player has cost us dear this season, Will skill players want to come back to a club that offers them no protection ?

Risk Assesment

TASK: Playing Pro Hockey for Cardiff in EIHL

HAZARD : GOONS from Coventry Belfast

HARM: Physical injuries, Broken Bones, muscles, joints

PERSONS IN DANGER: All on Ice Employees

RISK WITHOUT CONTROL MEASURES: HIGH

RISK WITH SUITABLE CONTROL MEASURES: LOW/MEDIUM

CONTROL MEASURES : Ineffective EIHL on ice officals and Disciplinary Committee without Bollocks

RISK WITH CURRENT CONTROL MEASURES: HIGH

PR has a duty for the H&S welfare of his employees which is currently not being met

ASHIPP

Gazza272 said:
Tim Kraus has been released by Dundee today.

It would be a much welcome extra body.
Yes and especially as time appears to be running out. He is already in the UK. Hes a centre and quite a gritty player from what Ive seen.

Gazza - was he released because Dundee signed Ozolins or other reasons?

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
Gazza272 said:
Tim Kraus has been released by Dundee today.

It would be a much welcome extra body.
Yes and especially as time appears to be running out. He is already in the UK. Hes a centre and quite a gritty player from what Ive seen.

Gazza - was he released because Dundee signed Ozolins or other reasons?

Press release says he just didnt perform as they had expected.

Mixed reviews from Dundee fans some say he wasnt fit others say he was not on the right line.