Late Face Off on Sunday

nicky27

Thread starter #1
Who thinks that 7pm face off is too late on a Sunday? I do understand about Cardiff City but can't the club make it 6.30 because its unfair on families who have children in school the following day.

why should Cardiff city come before hockey ,its there first season in the premiership after having how many attemps and only one direction for them
lol ice hockey should come first :Banana :pickle

Chris

Administrator
Did it?

The attendance for last night is down on the gamesheet as 1331...

Last season against the Clan we had attendances of 1231 on Sunday 16th September and 1481 on Saturday 15th December.

I don't think the football or rugby being played yesterday really had that big of an effect on the attendance. I don't have the details to hand, but aren't Sundays supposed to be better attended?

davew

So a 6.45 F/O confirmed for sunday....

That means one less fan!

As someone who is reliant on public transport to get home to newport the delay means that I would not be able to get home as I would miss the last bus home in newport.

Sorry but F/O times should not be changed to accommodate fans attending other sporting events.

Koop11

Difficult one for the club. In essence I agree that we should not accommodate other sporting fixtures but on the flipside many fans might not attend the Devils game if they are watching City. Getting across the City when 25k fans are leaving the stadium when faceoff is about to take place is a tad tricky to say the least.

Dammed if they do, dammed if they don’t.

If they'd left faceoff at the same time, people would have had a chance to get there a little earlier than usual, as doors open at 5 and the CCS won't be kicking out until 5.45ish?
As they've now moved the face off later, people will be arriving at the rink as the area is flooded with leaving fans - so unless I'm reading it all wrong, moving it makes it worse from a congestion point of view.

As for the 'many fans' that go to both the City & the Devils, I've often wondered at times like this how many fans that actually is. Worst case is they'd arrive at the BBT late, but that's part and parcel of going to both fixtures surely?
Is the number of fans that now choose not to go to the game due to travel issues or kids with school the next day more or less than those now happy then can go to both?

To me it's more damaging to lose those fans than have the footie fans inconvenienced by possibly arriving a little later.

Fireproof jacket on! :)

Imagine said:
If they'd left faceoff at the same time, people would have had a chance to get there a little earlier than usual, as doors open at 5 and the CCS won't be kicking out until 5.45ish?
As they've now moved the face off later, people will be arriving at the rink as the area is flooded with leaving fans - so unless I'm reading it all wrong, moving it makes it worse from a congestion point of view.

As for the 'many fans' that go to both the City & the Devils, I've often wondered at times like this how many fans that actually is. Worst case is they'd arrive at the BBT late, but that's part and parcel of going to both fixtures surely?
Is the number of fans that now choose not to go to the game due to travel issues or kids with school the next day more or less than those now happy then can go to both?

To me it's more damaging to lose those fans than have the footie fans inconvenienced by possibly arriving a little later.

With Cardiff finishing at 5.45pm-18.00pm, with travelling or walking to the rink i would have to miss the Devils game. I wouldnt have got down there until the start of the second period so would have missed it.

And No doubt there would be people moaning then as people getting in the way, asking them to move so they can get to their seat.

I guess it depends on the numbers of the fans involved, which is what I'm trying to explore.

Those that would be later / not go due to being at the football, or those that now don't go because it's later, and gives issues with transport and / or kids in school.

James

Administrator
Happens every year for one reason or another. It's not ideal but it's a reality that other sports can affect attendance. Like Koop says, damned if you do ...

DevilDom

Imagine said:

Agree with this- a 6.45 start means I'll be travelling to the tent around the time the football finishes causing me hassle. Either I leave half an hour earlier or risk getting caught in traffic. The late start also means finishing at around 9.30pm on a school night which doesn't help me either.

I do wonder how many people this change actually benefits.

Finny

Imagine said:
As they've now moved the face off later, people will be arriving at the rink as the area is flooded with leaving fans - so unless I'm reading it all wrong, moving it makes it worse from a congestion point of view
Why would people leaving the CCS be going home via the rink?

The majority of fans leaving the football would surely be going the opposite direction to the Devils fans going to the game?
I'll be going to the City first, and a 6pm FO would have seen me miss most of the first period. So for me a delayed FO is good.

It might be worth someone from the club finding out why the game is 4pm and not 2pm or 3pm? It was only moved because Spurs are in Europe on Thursday so it shouldn't really be important what time it was on. If it's the club's decision then perhaps they would be willing to play at 3pm in future if this situation ever arose again?

wildthing74

Whilst this change helps me get to both games and quite a few people who post on here I must admit I would never change FO times for any sport wether it be football,rugby whatever.
Your core fans not being inconvenienced is better than helping the smaller amount of fans of both teams that it affects particularly on a Sunday.I think if it was on TV there would obviously be more danger of fans leaving going to hockey and watching the football instead but as its not I would leave FO alone.
I think we will lose fans either way ofcourse but its down to the fans who are going to City to get to the rink either a bit late or leave the football early.My guess would be there will be less people this helps than annoys and as far Panthers fans I wouldn't want to travel to a Sunday game with a FO likely to end up being nearer 7 by the time the puck drops.