Latest rink update

Ocko said:
It appears you will lose access to the lower walkway from two sets of steps, at least while while the game is in play anyway. Its been mentioned it will be a fire safety issue but I don't understand that as 4 hockey arenas in this country only have access from above.
I believe it is due to a change in legislation that affects all newly built facilities.

mazza03

Hopefully there will be NO walking around the ice on the lower level especially during the game, that's the one thing that really annoys me in the BBT.

Devil_Abroad

During play yes, but some will need to walk along it during stoppage in play.

I guess stewards will have to ensure people don't get back in until a stoppage in play but not sure they can stop someone getting up from their seat and walking out. Fans will need to be more vocal I guess and request firmly they stay seated until the next stoppage in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have Hope#35

mazza03 said:
Hopefully there will be NO walking around the ice on the lower level especially during the game, that's the one thing that really annoys me in the BBT.
You will never be able to stop people from heading to the Bar/Toilet in the front rows of the New Arena and they will no doubt use the walkway at the front, especially as a lot of the toilets are at the lower level. As long as they weight for a stoppage in play it'll be ok... Having said that there'll always be a few newbies who aren't aware of the etiquette!

pjj365

Have Hope#35 said:
mazza03 said:
You will never be able to stop people from heading to the Bar/Toilet in the front rows of the New Arena and they will no doubt use the walkway at the front, especially as a lot of the toilets are at the lower level. As long as they weight for a stoppage in play it'll be ok... Having said that there'll always be a few newbies who aren't aware of the etiquette!
Not sure the walkway will be an issue given front row seats are raised. Also with the bar on the upper level - where there are also toilets there may be a greater tendancy to do up. Time will tell

Of more concern to me that with slightly wider seat rows people will be moving from their seats. At least the obvious disruption in BBT is a bit of a discouragement. Also did I read somewhere that there will be an "at seat" drink service. If so presumably the beer pump back pack type. This could be seriously disruptive if true

dave

pjj365 said:
Have Hope#35 said:
mazza03 said:
Not sure the walkway will be an issue given front row seats are raised. Also with the bar on the upper level - where there are also toilets there may be a greater tendancy to do up. Time will tell

Of more concern to me that with slightly wider seat rows people will be moving from their seats. At least the obvious disruption in BBT is a bit of a discouragement. Also did I read somewhere that there will be an "at seat" drink service. If so presumably the beer pump back pack type. This could be seriously disruptive if true
Its more you can order from your seat then go and pick up and it should be ready.

Can anyone explain why voth's jersey hasn't been retired as I'm
Sure that it was supposed to be, also wouldn't it have been great to have a select team vs Devils to open the new rink, personally I'd rather the season be closed out in the blue tent and have a grand opening to the new arena

Only just found my login for here so I know this is a bit late to the party but went to the fire game last Sunday and what can you say, what a fantastic place to watch hockey it was such a novelty to see the whole ice, scoreboard looks great, the hand dryers dried my hands in less than a week.

The sound wasn't great but it's nothing that a bit of tweaking wouldn't fix, perhaps there's equipment over in the tent that needs to come over first, one thing I did think was that the main reception area did seem quite small and could get clogged up quite easily but that's another wait and see, also the lower main arena entrance could mean a lot of people wandering around at ice level which I didn't think was going to happen as that was just a fire exit.

But hopefully these thing will turn out to be very minor issues or not issues at all and I for one can't wait to get in there, it's just a shame with it being so close to completion that the first game has been delayed, it would be nice if a reason could be given

I am no building expert, but have worked in a building where there has been numerous large improvement and renovation projects, and when these projects have been close to completion there have been construction workers, tradesmen and delivery men all over it like a rash, with more vans, Lorries and cars than you can shake a stick at.

So yesterday I went to pick up a ticket for my Niece at the BBT, and parked in the rear car park IAW, as it is half term and busy with children skating, and was more than a little surprised to see very little evidence of very much of anything going on in the new arena, no vans in the car park, just a few cars 1 very small lorry when I arrived mid afternoon, and gone five minutes later, and a small road sweeper doing the rounds.

Now if I did not know better, he says, I would speculate that that work has almost if not totally ground to a halt! But I am sure I am wrong, am I?

august04

Devil59 said:
I am no building expert, but have worked in a building where there has been numerous large improvement and renovation projects, and when these projects have been close to completion there have been construction workers, tradesmen and delivery men all over it like a rash, with more vans, Lorries and cars than you can shake a stick at.

So yesterday I went to pick up a ticket for my Niece at the BBT, and parked in the rear car park IAW, as it is half term and busy with children skating, and was more than a little surprised to see very little evidence of very much of anything going on in the new arena, no vans in the car park, just a few cars 1 very small lorry when I arrived mid afternoon, and gone five minutes later, and a small road sweeper doing the rounds.

Now if I did not know better, he says, I would speculate that that work has almost if not totally ground to a halt! But I am sure I am wrong, am I?
I really hope the Devils can eventually buy this facility and run it properly.

Devil59 said:

think you will find most tradesmen knock off around midday on fridays.

Ocko

Reasons for the delay are in the link below.

http://cardiffian.jomec.co.uk/2016/02/19/reason-for-devils-debut-delay-at-ice-arena-wales-revealed/

Looks like everyone is cooperating fully in all this :lol:

So apparently it was always the case the rink wouldn't be ready for the 27th. I think you'll find, Greenbank, you were meant to be open 'Summer 2015'. That was until you spent all your money on those overpriced houses that won't sell, seeing as you are trying to get on your high horse about the date the Devils gave as being too soon and never really the case.

How can things like furniture etc not be ready? They've had years for this. No wonder their houses had trouble selling, you'll get your kitchen a year after you move in.

Milky

Ocko said:
Reasons for the delay are in the link below.

http://cardiffian.jomec.co.uk/2016/02/19/reason-for-devils-debut-delay-at-ice-arena-wales-revealed/

Looks like everyone is cooperating fully in all this :lol:

So apparently it was always the case the rink wouldn't be ready for the 27th. I think you'll find, Greenbank, you were meant to be open 'Summer 2015'. That was until you spent all your money on those overpriced houses that won't sell, seeing as you are trying to get on your high horse about the date the Devils gave as being too soon and never really the case.

How can things like furniture etc not be ready? They've had years for this. No wonder their houses had trouble selling, you'll get your kitchen a year after you move in.
So it seems the main delay is down to not getting permissions in time for the phone lines which are needed to run everything............... :shock:

Not like that wasn't an obvious consideration :DWD

My view (and mine alone), I'm beginning to wonder if we'll get in at all this season.

pjj365

If it is comms links (and not just dressing rooms being ready) then be prepared for further delay

Typically it is 90 days from order to go live with any delay restarting the 90 day period

Having said that I do not know what the situation is in terms of who is obtaining permissions and how this links to any necessary ground works. If all this is being done by the comms provider then the 90 days may already be running

I hope I am just being over pessimistic

august04

So no phone lines/ticketing system in place but apparently one of the issues is with the Devils not getting their changing rooms sorted?! You couldn't make it up. How can you open an arena without the ability to sell tickets properly?! I really do worry about the day to day operation of this place.

terry hunt

I think this is great the true Cardiff character comes to the surface again.

Plots,conspiracies Ragan/Phillips/Vincent Tan et al must have a hand in this.

Forget we now have an arena built, a top ownership group and a quality team to be proud of.

Who do these people think they are. We should start demonstrations,protests etc

Start a campaign to get rid of them.

Are any of these companies involved from Sheffield by any chance?.