Latest rink update

chris hartrey said:
chillee said:
If the rink divider is up both hockey practice and public skating can take place on the same pad, all depends on demand.
That's a good idea.

Any news going to be coming through about Sponsorship of the new rink ?

Since the sale of the Devils and the future prospects, this surely has increased interest.

Is the IAW site going to get some updated images and info showing the internals beyond what is currently shown ?

Finny

chillee said:
Hey, i'm just repeating the brochure.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
But you're not.
The Brochure says:
"Open from 6am to midnight 7 days a week"
It doesn't say that is just public skating. You added that.

Finny said:
Page 13 states "Public pad open from 6am to midnight 7 days a week".

It gives the impression of the rink being open for those times, not the facility is available to be used within those times for various functions. It reads that the public pad is open to the public, if the devils are training, ice dance etc etc teams or clubs are practising I would assume they would be closed to public for there sole use.

Ocko

You said it yourself there chillee... 'Public pad is open 6am to midnight' not 'public skating is open' . Clearly it depends on bookings, that is obvious. Public pad doesn't mean public skating.

Have Hope#35

Ocko said:
You said it yourself there chillee... 'Public pad is open 6am to midnight' not 'public skating is open' . Clearly it depends on bookings, that is obvious. Public pad doesn't mean public skating.
I think that's Chilee's biggest problem... He reads things and takes it completely out of context!

So public pad opens at 6am. Public skating for example starts at 9am. Nothing booked at 6am, so is the rink open at 6am or closed or from 6am the facility is available for private use from 6am to 12pm exluding public skating times.

chillee said:
So public pad opens at 6am. Public skating for example starts at 9am. Nothing booked at 6am, so is the rink open at 6am or closed or from 6am the facility is available for private use from 6am to 12pm exluding public skating times.

For the love of god chillee stop... Just stop.

Finny

chillee said:

In the hypothetical case you give there, there could be junior skating classes from 6am to 9am.

Thanks for the photo updates. Please keep them coming as it's good for those for don't live near Cardiff.

Keep thinking we're moving in this September with all the positives around at the moment.

chillee said:
Finny said:
Page 13 states "Public pad open from 6am to midnight 7 days a week".

It gives the impression of the rink being open for those times, not the facility is available to be used within those times for various functions. It reads that the public pad is open to the public, if the devils are training, ice dance etc etc teams or clubs are practising I would assume they would be closed to public for there sole use.
There is quite a detailed timetable being constructed to include those parties who currently use the ice and any new developments planned. Management are working hard to ensure that the right balance is achieved for all users to have the opportunity for ice time, public sessions to be held, competitions run, etc, etc, whilst continuing to maintain the financial viability of the arena.

Finny said:
Video of some steel 'thingys' being put into place:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yphw861dewclh ... final2.m4v
Come and see for yourselves. :pickle :Banana :eek: :shock:

Do you want to be one of the first Cardiff Devils to set foot on the site of the new home of the Cardiff Devils, Ice Arena Wales?

The CDRA are delighted to announce that, through Ice Arena Wales, we are giving 20 people the opportunity to take a tour of the construction site of Cardiff’s new ice arena. The event will take place on August 7th at 5pm and will involve a walk-through of the site with a running commentary from Chris Hartrey on the layout of the new building, a photograph will be taken at the end and all attendees will receive a copy.
All proceeds from the tour will go to paying the player’s from last season who were owed money from the previous owner of Cardiff Devils. So come on, support the boys and make your bid.

All you need to do is email: info@cardiffdevilsredarmy.co.uk with the amount that you are prepared to pay for the visit. Bids must be over £40 and please ensure that you are available on the date stated. The 20 people with the highest bids will then be invited to attend the visit. You will be required to wear sensible shoes and when on site you will be provided with protective clothing which must be worn at all times.

Visit http://www.icearenawales.co.uk/ to see images of the finished arena.
Any queries please email: committee@cardiffdevilsredarmy.co.uk

Lisa Guildford
Chair – Cardiff Devils’ Red Army

Ocko

Just a quick update for anyone who hasn't been down recently; I went for a walk around the site today and it seems as if (please excuse mistakes from my non construction trained mind):

All steels are in place for second pad and hospitality areas.
About 1/3 of the roof complete on second pad.
Flooring of 1st floor viewing area over second pad has been started.
Prep for exterior cladding on second pad has started.
All foundations for main pad are now done with bolts in ready for vertical steels.
Ice pad marked out on main pad.

Definitely exciting to see the amount of work done!

What is the rollout schedule for the new rink? Due for fcompletion in June 2015? But the hockey season will be over so will it remain closed until September, open only the second pad for public or fully open for all? Would seem only right to open the main pad with the first home game of season. Also when does BBT close it's doors for good? As soon as new open or will it remain as 3rd pad until council move onto next states

BBT does not belong to the Council but to Planet Ice (in fact their Adminstrators as the Company is in administration).

Whats the betting that it will become an eyesore as Planet ice abandons it and fly away?