Lyle signs 3 year Devils deal

"firstlinecentre: Not that impressed? Aubry had a fantastic season, and performed well above my expectation at the start of the year. I guess everyone has their own opinion of net minders, but i thought Aubry was a close second behind Lehman for goal tender of the season. I think Stevie has some very big boots to fill, and im confident he will rise to the challenge and surprise the majority of those fans who have concerns."
No not impressed that much, and i also had an expectation at the start of the year not a big one, yet i wassnt impressed, sorry if its harsh, but i sed from the start of the season that i didnt think he was that good. Yes its my oppinion and you may not agree though i know alot of people who would agree with me aswell.

"Wannabe2: Not impressed with Aubs, my god mate that is such a weird statement to make 99.9999999 of devils fans would have loved Aubs to stay. You must be one hard cookie to please. Hope Stevie plays to your huge expectations."
'hard cookie', 'huge expectations'..please, i have low expections after a season with Aubs. 99.9999999 ? I know fans that didnt want him to come to cardiff in the first place, never mind stay.

"RichardR: I wasn't impressed with aubry either because he was so inconsitant from period to period. One period he was hot and we were 2 nil up, next period he was cold and let 6 goals in, 3rd period he let no goals in. Now thats what i call inconsistant.
so your statement that 99.99999999999% of devils fans wanted him to stay is a load of tosh if you ask me. I know quite a few fans that didn't want him back."
Well at least someone sees my point and my 'oppinion'.

"Rempel16: Back that up... What game was that in?
Aubry was class and stole a few games for us."
'What game?' most of them! sorry but how many times did we loose because Aubs let in sloppy goals, or he wassnt having a 'good' period. The games i saw, in my eyes he wasnt as good as he should have been. As for the 'Few games' that he 'stole', few displays the point, why wassnt he like that all the time? What did happen to him being consistant?!

"Wannabe2: Sorry mate make that 99.8."
Ohhh, haha.

Just to say we all suppot the same team and all want the devils to do well and wingames ect. Im sorry if you dont agree with my oppinions, but thats just what they are. I wish Stevie well and hope he does do well with us next season ect.
:DThanks all. :mrgreen: :twisted:

I totally agree with the fact that Aubs did not live up to his expectations! I found him to be to lazy to be consistant throughout a game! So Lyle has not got BIG BOOTS TO FILL! All he has to do is make a few stretches to save a few shots! But 3years is a long time so hopefully he will live up to everyone expectations better than Aubs.

Finny

*wanders off, wondering if he was watching the same netminder as some of his fellow Devils fans"

My top 3 Devils netminders of all time would be:

1: Herlofsky
=2: Osaer
=2: Aubry

Rempel16

Cheers rich, couldn't remember that game.

I still disagree with the minority on here though, the guy was solid and certainly stole games for us, namely the playoff qual 1st leg.

I'm pleased lyle is back (for the extra import) but aubs would've been one of my 'first-to-signs' this off season.

TheStub

RichardR said:
That was the coventry away game where we lost 6-4 on the 8th february this year.
http://www.ih-update.co.uk/game_details.php?id=2115

I know you liked aubry ang. I wasn't including you in the group that didn't hun.
If I remember that match, that was the dubious call and funny bounce off the boards fairies.

Yes, he let the occasional sitter it - but for the most part Aubs was sound. I was really please to see him back - the netminder that won us the challenge cup. Very few in the league better than him - and I don't think we can attract the likes of Backstrom and Mason with our budgets (although a .95 save percentage probably wouldn't cut it).

I'm glad Stevie is coming home. He is a solid netminder - import standard. Plus, we gain an import out. Stronger Brit contingent, and a bigger choice of forwards.

Finny said:
*wanders off, wondering if he was watching the same netminder as some of his fellow Devils fans"

Without a doubt. A very accurate assessment of our past netminders.

Gazza272

Eh what?

Aubry since the 1-0 loss to Belfast was immense. as some will back me up on, i was NOT a fan of Aubry when he re signed, however once that game i mentioned previously happened i thought there wasnt a more consistent nettie!

if it werent for Aubs we would never have qualified for playoff weekend, and you can forget about 5th place we would have been struggling for a playoff spot without him at times.

first spell here i was dubious, second spell he was the best in the league. Stick him in the Sheffield team and the Steelers would have lost less regulation games than they did imo.

I think considering his stats show him as the second best in the league, and we conceded the second least goals this season and he had 5 shut outs in league games says it all really. I know we had a good defence in front of him but he kept us in the game many a time. I've been positive about lyle and im pleased he's coming here, but if you didn't think much of aubry then your not going to enjoy having lyle here.

Ocko

Finny said:

I'd have Frank Caprice as 2nd with Osaer 3rd and Aubry 4th.

Aubry is a good keeper for this level not sure why he's getting slated so much. I dont think he won as many games on his own like Osaer but was definitely solid.

Wannabe2

Finny said:

Spot on Finny, totally agree, one other netminder had he stayed longer, who probably would have been a fans favourite was Macinerney, also a real character.