Main Cardiff Devils Website

osh

Thread starter #1
Any idea who is responsible for putting together our CD website? There is definately room for improvement in my opinion. We have not been told about Wednesday's away fixture against Blaze, there is nothing as yet showing last night's function etc. Quite honestly, the Inferno is a much better source of info, and I feel the main site could learn a lot from the guys who put so much into the Inferno. I'm hoping for a huge improvement once the season actually starts.

Heard last night's function was a great success, well done to all concerned, and welcome to all the new players.

osh said:
Any idea who is responsible for putting together our CD website? There is definately room for improvement in my opinion. We have not been told about Wednesday's away fixture against Blaze, there is nothing as yet showing last night's function etc. Quite honestly, the Inferno is a much better source of info, and I feel the main site could learn a lot from the guys who put so much into the Inferno. I'm hoping for a huge improvement once the season actually starts.

Heard last night's function was a great success, well done to all concerned, and welcome to all the new players.
Going on last season I wouldn't get your hopes up, usually took 2 days to get latest scores up never mind match reviews and pictures. Thats why I ended up here in the first place ;) I was hoping to see a pic of the new jersey up but alas nothing so far, guess I'll have to wait 'till tomorrow to see it :mrgreen:

osh

Thread starter #3
ginguskhan; Thank you for your post. I find it hard to believe that there has been another 111 viewings of my post, and no one knows ( or is willing to tell me who may be responsible for our god awful website.

Lets just remind ourselves of our main website at this very moment;-

Latest news.
they inform us that there is one day to go ! Wow.
We are told that the ECHO are our new sponsor ( fair enough )
However; They fail to tell us there is an away game on Wednesday against the Blaze (its not even on the fixture list)
There are no photographs or information about the new players or the event at Holland House last night.

Click on our Media Centre, what have we got ? Pictures from the Steelers game on March 27th, how good is that ? Nothing up to date since then, lets get real guys, we are being made to look totally un professional to those viewing our site. Those responsible need to get a grip on things don't you think?

Finny

New website being developed as we speak.If you love the inferno you should love the new website too I believe.

When it is up and running, results and match reports will be updated the same night barring unforseen circumstances.

Such circumsrances include AOL cutting me off and I can't add the Wed fixture whilst using my iPhone.

osh

Thread starter #5
Finny said:
New website being developed as we speak.If you love the inferno you should love the new website too I believe.

When it is up and running, results and match reports will be updated the same night barring unforseen circumstances.

Such circumsrances include AOL cutting me off and I can't add the Wed fixture whilst using my iPhone.

Thanks for that Finny. Do you know who is responsible for putting the website together please ?

Finny

Do you mean creating the new website or updating the current one?

The current one is updated by several people. I'll be updating the fixtures, results and stats as I have in the past. I'm notcsure if I should say who will be updating the match reports but that is someone else. I'm guessing the news items are added by various members of the office staff.

Btw osh I've just gone on the front page and the 'one day left' article does contain a report on last nights launch?

osh

Thread starter #7
Finny said:
Do you mean creating the new website or updating the current one?

The current one is updated by several people. I'll be updating the fixtures, results and stats as I have in the past. I'm notcsure if I should say who will be updating the match reports but that is someone else. I'm guessing the news items are added by various members of the office staff.

Btw osh I've just gone on the front page and the 'one day left' article does contain a report on last nights launch?

Thanks Finny. Yes I know there is a brief report of the Holland House reception ( hidden away it has to be said) But no photos etc which is the eye grabbing part of any publicity. Ok, it seems from what you are saying, a number of people put the website together and you don't know who makes the overall decisions by the sound of it. Well done for your part, it can't be easy I know. But I have to say we need to make serious improvements to call our website a good one, its poor at the moment to say the least ( hence my comment about the last MEDIA section ) showing photos from more than 5 months ago, hardly the latest available after all I think you will agree. We should have flooded that section and the latest news section with photos of players who we've never seen before and make it newsworthy and NOT news weary which it is! So here and now, I am asking that whoever is in charge of the main website, and if you read this forum ( as I'm sure you will do ) get your act together for goodness sake! I would also state that I have passed this post onto the club as well.

osh

Thread starter #8
Finny; Have received a couple of very reassuring messages from people I respect. They are convinced that the web will soon be showing a huge improvement (just like you intimated) so thanks for taking the time to come back to me guys.

TheStub

In terms of who is reposible for the website maintenance overall, I suggest reading the profiles of the back office staff on the website. Should explain everything.

From the adverts last night, it looks like a new website will be up soon - and it looks to be a great update.

To be slightly pessamistic though, design doesn't improve content. Hopefully the rest of the updates will follow the lead of the match reports from now on.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk