Manchester Storm v Cardiff Devils 28th August

BostonBart22

Slow start, storm came out flying and more up for it, thankfully storm were on their knees last 10 mins of the game , some nice goals though..think someone mentioned Harewood last week as a young Ian mcyntyre, and how true it is, same attitude, same style of skating, brilliant puck handling as well, if it was possible if I was the management , I would give him an offer he couldn't refuse to leave telford, is there such a thing as a spare brit ?

Wannabe2

Penny 2 goals, then goals for Waller, Britain, Sanford,Davies, Reid, Crandall, enjoyable game Storm looking pretty good but we went up a gear. Game was pretty physical with some big hits which was cool, we look like we are going to be one very good team

Slartibartfast

Lots of line juggling going on so hard to gauge what the final team will look like and who will have chemistry. But thats normal for pre season. I was really pleased to see Waller on the first line with Martin and Reid. This kid deserves an opportunity and what better mentor than Joey Martin. It paid off with a beautiful goal from Waller.

Once the lines settled I thought we dominated the Storm.

Standouts for me were Josh Brittain and Riley Brandt. Brandt seems to have gone up a level from last season and is now not just about hitting. Brittain skates well for a big guy and caused some chaos in front of net. Lovely breakaway goal from Penny at the end also.

Joey Martin hasn't lost anything. He can still pull of some amazing twists turns and dangles.

Kelly didn't look like he played in a lower league. Very impressed by both the two ways.

Not the toughest of matches as the Storm looked pretty average but plenty to be positive about especially when Coughler comes back.

This team has a lot of depth.

Diablo3

I liked what I saw tonight. Storm were up for it and it was a bit feisty in the first two, but as others have said they ran out of steam. Devils gelling quite nicely and we should have Cougs back for the Panthers game next week.

QQ for anyone else at the game, what was the 5 pen for Duggy? I didn't see it as being that bad.

Hedd Wyn John

Very good game to watch, good effort and intensity from both teams. Devils showed their class and really stepped up a gear in the latter part of the game.

Waller, Brittain, Penny all looked strong.

kristian

It was for broading guy was helped off the ice not sure if it hit to the head or just shoulder to shoulder. I would say the later has no Strom player reacted

Hedd Wyn John

Very good game to watch, good effort and intensity from both teams. Devils showed their class and really stepped up a gear in the latter part of the game.

Waller, Brittain, Penny all looked strong.

I liked what I saw tonight. Storm were up for it and it was a bit feisty in the first two, but as others have said they ran out of steam. Devils gelling quite nicely and we should have Cougs back for the Panthers game next week.

QQ for anyone else at the game, what was the 5 pen for Duggy? I didn't see it as being that bad.
Penalty was announced as Major for Boarding - I was thinking maybe 2 for charging, but from where I was sat, it didn’t look like it deserved to be a major, but the officials get only one look at the play and that is from a different perspective from anyone in the crowd, so they are better placed to gauge what they saw. The Storm player that got hit, looked pretty shook up, so may be there was more to it than what I would have called.

Wannabe2

That was a real shit call, it was a really good big hit, but unfortunately in this league you can hit too hard.