Mark Richardson re-signs!

DevilDom

Excellent news. I'm very happy about this! :D

It sounds as though G is hoping to secure a number of the current team as well and is looking at 2 new players - a proven goalscorer and a big strong defenceman! Exactly what a lot of people have been saying we have missed this year.

I'm already excited about the new season! :p

wildthing74

This is a massive signing.Good Brit d's are thin on the ground so he was the first guy I hoped we would bring back.Next stop Tylor and Miller please.

osh

Good to hear this as a confirmned signing. One of our better Brit players no doubt and with the addition of an extra club playing next season, it's important that we get our quota of decent Brit players signed as early as possible and lets hope they get the ice time they deserve eh?

Koop11

When you consider how many British defencemen there are out there who can play at this level, you really do appreciate how massive this signing is. After Jonathan Weaver, Richardson is arguably the most effective British defencemen in the game and I truly believe will captain the national team in the future. If you want to define a model professional, look no further than Mark Richardson. A hard worker on and off the ice, composed, reliable and very talented.

Make no mistake, in the context of British players available, especially those who can play on the blue line, this already is one of the signings of the summer, and on a 2 year deal as well! This really shows further commitment from the Devils Management and showing the fans that we truly are building for the future.

Welcome back Mark. Great start to the off season after the heartbreak of last weekend.

Finny

Fantastic signing, and a great relief we have completed the deal so quickly. And on a 2 year deal!!!

Very very very happy about this. :D

The off season just started to get exciting :D, massive signing for us, especially as its a 2 year deal. Richardson is an outstanding British defencemen and it was vital that we signed him up asap. With G already holding on to lyle and finnerty and in talks with a goalscorer and a strong defencemen its looking good so far :D.

Tip: If you excitedly email the link to this thread to a loved on to pass on the good news you should defiantly not leave out the "-" in "re-signs" in the subject. Whoops. :lol:

ASHIPP

Excellent news! :D Wow - a 2 year contract ensures stability and consistency in the captaincy and defence! Mark has been completely outstanding this season - a massive signing for the Devils. Welcome back, Mark.
Can't wait for end of August already!

G has made a great start - just praying for Phil, Killer,Tylor and Jarvo now! :cool: