mark richardson

osh

Well deserved, and in my opinion someone as good as an import D. Goes about his work without any fuss, defends cleverly, scores goals and is an inspiration to up and coming Brits. Not sure of his contract status, but hope he is with the Devils for the next few years!

wildthing74

First guy I would sign every year.Imports are 10 a penny no natter who they are as there is a huge pool to choose from so if you recruit correctly they can be replaced but good British D men just aren't out there and worth their weight in golf.
The second guy I would sign up is Batchy who has the potential to be as good as any Brit D we have ever seen.

James

Administrator
Well done Mark. Good as golf or not he's one hell of a d man. Let's hope if he hasn't signed for next year already, he will soon.

TheStub

He is top of my must sign pile, followed by Batch.

We have a solid defense, and decent Brit D is worth his weight in any sport.

Sheincar

Piece in the Echo today although not apparently online saying that Richie, Hill & Ben are among a number of homegrown players G wants back & he has opened talks with key Devils players and Brits are top priority. He will build his British contingent before turning to 10 import signings.

Sounds like a good plan. People like Richie, Ben, Josh and Hill are key to the Devils next season i think.

Excellent recognition for a good season from Richie. Congrats.

Koop11

Priority signing over any other player. British defenceman are a rare commodity and with the great Jonathan Weaver all but retired these days, the new best defenceman out there is Mark Richardson IMO. I include both Danny Myers and Mark Thomas. Richie is a disciplined, reliable, puck carrying defencemen who does exactly what is required of him. He is IMO the future GB Captain.

For the same reason as above, my next priority signing is Josh Batch.

ASHIPP

Congratulations Richie - well deserved and about time official recognition given to THE best British defenceman in the Elite League. :cool: A player who rarely, if at all, makes any mistakes and is about as consistent and effective as you'll ever see. A future Devils Captain.

Securing our British players must be a top priority for the Club - Richie and Phil are key to this and should be top of the list. Let's hope that the Club are able to make some timely good news announcements soon.