Mask wearing/drunks in your block at IAW

Swarley

I don't think there is any such thing as an 'exempt' lanyard. There is the sunflower 'hidden disability' lanyard which was around before covid and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with inability to wear a mask, although they've recently become synonymous with it.
Anyone can buy one though https://hiddendisabilitiesstore.com/shop/sunflower-lanyards.html (That's not a suggestion to abuse the system)
That's exactly what some people are doing though they buy these because they know that most people won't challenge it so they can buy one and then do what they like, as much as it would anger some fans if they can't wear a mask they really shouldn't be at the arena because they're putting themselves and others in danger.

bozman

That's exactly what some people are doing though they buy these because they know that most people won't challenge it so they can buy one and then do what they like, as much as it would anger some fans if they can't wear a mask they really shouldn't be at the arena because they're putting themselves and others in danger.
I am chronic asthmatic are you saying i should punish myself for not being able to wear a mask?

Kevlar68

Thread starter #228
I sympathies with you that your a chronic asthmatic but in all fairness Covid effects the lungs so Asthma sufferers should be more than happy to wear a mask to save themselves from this virus as asthma is a lung related problem.
Also the masks which are now on the market you can breath just as freely with them as without them or you can wear a visor which is nowhere near your mouth and nose and can breath exactly the same as if not wearing the visor.
There now should be no exemption from wearing a mask.
So i put it to you, wear a mask for a few hours and keep yourself much more safe or go without and be high risk?

Last edited:

Hedd Wyn John

Punish yourself? No but should you be putting yourself at risk being asthmatic in an arena where we have absolute idiots refusing to wear masks who are not exempt? I'd rather people stay safe then risk their life.
We could all catch covid in a supermarket, down the pub, from a friend or relative visiting.

When there's a deadly airborne virus circulating any contact any person is taking a risk. Living our life is a covid risk. There's no staying safe unless you cut yourself from the world.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #231
My partner and i wear masks everywhere, shops, pubs, public transport, in fact anywhere where we are in close contact with the public. We still keep our distance from people and we only take our masks off when we're sat at our table when out we always put our masks on when we move about a pub or restaurant, we just keep our masks in our pockets.
We also wear a masks constantly for 10 hours a shift.
And i can tell you now it's not a great problem and takes the minimum of effort to use a mask, we're so used to it now as we stuck to the rules from the beginning and after i caught full blown covid in March 2020 on our flight from Canada, masks weren't introduced at that time of travel.
Your right there is no 100% staying safe but there is 100% effort to try to stop the risk.

Last edited:

Swarley

We could all catch covid in a supermarket, down the pub, from a friend or relative visiting.

When there's a deadly airborne virus circulating any contact any person is taking a risk. Living our life is a covid risk. There's no staying safe unless you cut yourself from the world.
I know what you're saying but the masks are there to help reduce the spread of it, way too many people are taking liberties with the exemption rule, there are so many ways to keep yourself safe without cutting yourself off from everyone else, like Kevlar has said, medical masks don't effect asthma, visors don't either, it isn't about what one person wants it's about what's best for everyone, Bozman having chronic asthma means he's at a high risk of contracting it so surely they'd want to feel safe at the arena? Mask or visor up keep yourself and others at minimal risk, I'd rather people took the virus seriously and took measures to keep our season going then risk someones health and life because some knuckle head couldn't be bothered to wear a mask because last thing I think any of us want is one of our own getting covid from the arena and then ending up in hospital.

BTW speaking to a steward at the end of the game, yellow lanyards were given to those who claimed to be exempt. Club has told stewards/security not to throw out people who have refused to wear a mask.
If this is the case then this is a bit of a kick in the teeth for those of us who religiously wear our masks and want to keep hockey alive for as long as possible. It also doesn’t send out the correct message to those who attend (and are not exempt) and decide to flout the rules. If we cannot kick out offenders who continuously refuse to wear a mask then there’s no threat and no punishment. Why would any of them listen when stewards / security cannot do anything about it?

As was mentioned on this thread - a couple of weeks ago security guards removed a group of people and I clearly heard security tell them that they were being thrown out because they had been asked to wear a mask three times and three times they had refused. Maybe the rules have changed since then? I hope not.

august04 2.0

If this is the case then this is a bit of a kick in the teeth for those of us who religiously wear our masks and want to keep hockey alive for as long as possible. It also doesn’t send out the correct message to those who attend (and are not exempt) and decide to flout the rules. If we cannot kick out offenders who continuously refuse to wear a mask then there’s no threat and no punishment. Why would any of them listen when stewards / security cannot do anything about it?

As was mentioned on this thread - a couple of weeks ago security guards removed a group of people and I clearly heard security tell them that they were being thrown out because they had been asked to wear a mask three times and three times they had refused. Maybe the rules have changed since then? I hope not.
You’d hope the management would be tightening the rules since then, not relaxing them. That policy makes no sense whatsoever.

Hedd Wyn John

At the risk of sounding like the harbinger of doom, if omicron is spreading as fast as they say it is we are looking at tough restrictions in the near future and a good chance the hockey season will get cancelled. I'm praying to be wrong.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #237
Again its all about transmission, the less the virus is being transmitted the sooner it will calm down. If everyone in the UK has to wear a mask no matter what or where the transmission rate will be reduced hugely in the hundreds of thousands. Yes you'll still get cases but the spread is cut dramatically just through mask wearing alone.

What I’ve noticed over the last few weeks is the amount of people who have gone from wearing a mask to suddenly becoming exempt! Guess that’s what happens when you can buy a lanyard off the internet

No one has said that in this thread at all, at most it's been said Todd's announcements have fallen on deaf/drunken ears, or security and stewards are coming up against a hard task of dealing with them.
The sound system is so bad that many of us cannot understand the announcements. We even have to use the live statistics on the EIHL website to follow the game.

Such announcements are useless until the sound system is fixed.

Diablo3

The sound system is so bad that many of us cannot understand the announcements. We even have to use the live statistics on the EIHL website to follow the game.

Such announcements are useless until the sound system is fixed.
I must admit I have to ask the others around me what the announcements are as I can't understand them. I put that down to my age