Mask wearing/drunks in your block at IAW

Mazzoak

The club suddenly responds if enough people moan on the Inferno, so yeah, we need a decent professional PA system to be able to understand announcements particularly ones concerning safety...........

Earnie

Sound is ok most Of the time where I sit. There is a need therefore to identify bad spots when the arena is full . That is not a particularly easy things to do unless you have persons at every block and at different levels . That is a lot of people.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #243
The building itself is a acoustic nightmare, for such a building when it's built that isn't taken in to consideration like as if it was a cinema or concert arena.

Mazzoak

The building itself is a acoustic nightmare, for such a building when it's built that isn't taken in to consideration like as if it was a cinema or concert arena.
https://www.dbaudio.com/global/en/

Simple solution you employ an expert organisation to install a system such as the d&b Audiotecnik brand who did the installation at Katowics Spodek 1,200 seater ice hockey arena. They installed sixteen Yi10P high performance 2-way point source loudspeakers with wide dispersion and twenty-four E6 compact coaxial point source loudspeakers with rotatable horns, all in fully weather resistant (WR) versions. In such an acoustically challenging environment with so much reflection off hard surfaces including the ice itself, it was decided that the best solution would be to install a lot of smaller loudspeakers in a zoned configuration for maximum control. Five zones were designated: upper stands, lower stands, VIP area, journalists’ area, and around the main scoreboard, each with independent control for level and on/off.

You don’t need to place people around the rink to listen for the audio, this isn’t the 1970’s FFS..........

moggy#9

You’ve hit the nail on the head there @NathanG . They say “we’re all in this together” but the people making these decisions, politicians and senior civil servants of all creeds, won’t be effected by the policies they are setting. They won’t have to worry about their next pay packet, and their generous pension payments will continue unaffected.

By all means be vigilant, but let’s get back to allowing individuals to decide if places or events are safe to attend, rather than hanging on every word of these despots. There’s the distinct possibility Covid, or variations of it, will never completely go away, either we take responsibility for our own decisions, and adjust to life with it being around, or we blindly follow our gormless masters for the foreseeable. If we choose the latter, no questions asked, I'm afraid the places and things we most enjoy won’t be around.
I'm no fan of Drakeford, and the impact of what's happening worries me, but it's quite clear that people can't be relied upon to do the right thing without rules that are properly enforced. How many times have people on this forum complained about the selfish idiots who to try to find any way they can to get around the rules at IAW? Personally I think that vaccine passports should have been in place since day one, but that won't do anything about Muppets with made up exemptions down at your local Tesco or wherever.

It really doesn't help that ours is (as far as I know) the only sport with a domestic league having members in all 4 in home Nations, and there's no uniformity of approach. I suspect that the assembly's thinking starts and ends with egg chasing when it comes to sport, so we're not really going to be a factor there.

We can't just wish covid away, but if society in general had been less tolerant of those who break the rules, and those who refuse vaccination, we'd need in a lot better place today.

RedDevil17

These restrictions cannot go on forever. Maybe it’s time that people learned that we have to live with the virus and that’s it’s never going away. You will never be able to ’slow the spread’ of any virus and that’s a scientific fact. The only thing we can do is get our annual COVID vaccination, that’s if people want it.

These politicians in the Senedd, (welsh Labour in particular) need a reality check.

moggy#9

These restrictions cannot go on forever. Maybe it’s time that people learned that we have to live with the virus and that’s it’s never going away. You will never be able to ’slow the spread’ of any virus and that’s a scientific fact. The only thing we can do is get our annual COVID vaccination, that’s if people want it.

These politicians in the Senedd, (welsh Labour in particular) need a reality check.
Basic precautions demonstrably slow the spread, why do you think that they're recommended. That's been the whole point of the covid strategy - to control the impact on the NHS.

Even herd immunity is a non starter at there moment while a significant proportion refuse vaccination.

I agree with you about wish labour needing a reality check though. There's far too much parochial thinking, and I don't think that Drakeford understands the city that he's supposed to represent.

https://www.dbaudio.com/global/en/

Simple solution you employ an expert organisation to install a system such as the d&b Audiotecnik brand who did the installation at Katowics Spodek 1,200 seater ice hockey arena. They installed sixteen Yi10P high performance 2-way point source loudspeakers with wide dispersion and twenty-four E6 compact coaxial point source loudspeakers with rotatable horns, all in fully weather resistant (WR) versions. In such an acoustically challenging environment with so much reflection off hard surfaces including the ice itself, it was decided that the best solution would be to install a lot of smaller loudspeakers in a zoned configuration for maximum control. Five zones were designated: upper stands, lower stands, VIP area, journalists’ area, and around the main scoreboard, each with independent control for level and on/off.

You don’t need to place people around the rink to listen for the audio, this isn’t the 1970’s FFS..........
There are obvious problems with the existing system which could be easily fixed. Turning down the bass or sorting out an impedance mismatch or both would be an excellent start. ~The announcer's microphone needs an audio equalizer matched to the announcer's voice.

Anyone watching the darts? Not a mask in sight in a packed crowd all drinking and singing spreading potential covid germs.
Shame the devolved governments cannot come to a common agreement on how to proceed.
Of course it is up to any individual to decide to go or not.

moggy#9

Anyone watching the darts? Not a mask in sight in a packed crowd all drinking and singing spreading potential covid germs.
Shame the devolved governments cannot come to a common agreement on how to proceed.
Of course it is up to any individual to decide to go or not.
Lack of enforcement had been the problem throughout the pandemic. Any event that doesn't enforce the rules should be shut down and the organizers prosecuted with a zero tolerance mindset.

terry hunt

Basic precautions demonstrably slow the spread, why do you think that they're recommended. That's been the whole point of the covid strategy - to control the impact on the NHS.

Even herd immunity is a non starter at there moment while a significant proportion refuse vaccination.

I agree with you about wish labour needing a reality check though. There's far too much parochial thinking, and I don't think that Drakeford understands the city that he's supposed to represent.
Unlike Boris Johnson and the Tory party who have always"taken care" of the welsh people.