Match Days Away

Gaz G

Thread starter #1
Right then. I've been away in Nottingham for the weekend. I headed back to Wales this afternoon and saw the Devils team bus going to the other way on the M42 at 13:45. As my misses was asleep and the kids watching dvds I had little else to think about (apart from driving safely of course) I started doing some rough workings out.

The team would have left Cardiff at approximately 11:45 am to be where they were. This allows the players time to get up, dressed breakfast etc.

On a coach doing let's say 60mph it would have taken about another 2 hours to get to the rink in Sheffield at 15:45. An hour and 15 minutes before face off.

I'm assuming the players must eat between breakfast and face off. I'm also assuming a Big Mac at the services isn't an option.

With this in mind I got to thinking that we played at home last night.

After the game the players would have chilled and met fans in the bar. Hence maybe not being home till around 10-11pm.

After a tough game and late night considering work the next day I don't imagine they all got in and prepared a lunchbox for the travels ahead?

Just wondering if anyone actually knows how this works? The players must need an energy boost (food) and I don't accept that a couple of bananas cuts it at this level.

Any thoughts or answers please?

Ocko

Cafe Pure, a nutritional and healthy eating restaurant, prepare meals and snacks for the team to take on the bus as part of their sponsorship.

Gaz G

Thread starter #4
From where? How are they prepared?

Bigger picture, lots of players like a pre game nap etc. For some impossible on a bus.

Wannabe2

Gaz G said:
Ok. To be blunt. Is there anything that could be done to help the team on away games?
Yea keep on supporting them, there have always been lousy results, and there will be also in the future, fortunately we have a Coach who will turn this below par performance around. It's still early days and we are certainly a good team, that doesn't change overnight. Today was unacceptable, the Coach will know that, the Managment will know that, and the players will know that.

Gaz G

Thread starter #9
Wannabe2 said:
Gaz G said:
Ok. To be blunt. Is there anything that could be done to help the team on away games?
Yea keep on supporting them, there have always been lousy results, and there will be also in the future, fortunately we have a Coach who will turn this below par performance around. It's still early days and we are certainly a good team, that doesn't change overnight. Today was unacceptable, the Coach will know that, the Managment will know that, and the players will know that.
For God's sake.

My topic has bugger all to do with today. Surely my initial post said as much.

KaneDevils

Wannabe2 said:
Gaz G said:
Good post Wannabe. With respect Gaz, I applaud your enthusiasm, but your idea is futile.

Gaz G

Thread starter #11
KaneDevils said:
Wannabe2 said:
Gaz G said:
Good post Wannabe. With respect Gaz, I applaud your enthusiasm, but your idea is futile.
You're probably right. Nothing has really changed in parts of Wales for 80 years including many people's mentality. Getting on my tits.

Lets just keep on with the norm and everything will stay exactly as it is. CHANGE IS BAD!!!!

KaneDevils

O....Kay......

I can't honestly think of a single suggestion. Not without sounding patronising or sarcastic anyway. And I don't want to offend.
For the longer distance games, a flight rather than coach travel? But how could "we" help with that?

Gaz G

Thread starter #13
Don't ask me my own question to the rest of viewers/posters on here.

I haven't been watching the team since day 1 but have watched on and off for the last 10 years. I'm from nottingham and support the devils 100 percent when they play the Panthers.

The patronising O....Kay.....offers zilch.

Surely with a near enough 3000 strong fan base we could find a way of helping the players on road trips?

I don't have the answer but shouldn't be disregarded for asking the question.

Ocko

Previously I believe the team used to prepare their own, stop in the services or whatever they fancied. Then 2-3 years ago the Red Army Supporters club (I think) started to prepare healthy meals for the team rather than an overpriced burger and chips.

Now, the Pure Kitchen/Cafe Pure prepare meals for the team to eat (they are experts in nutrition). At least according to their Twitter a few weeks ago said.

Gaz G

Thread starter #16
Wannabe2 said:
Why don't we just eat whatever The Steelers ate, that should sort it, it's now about what a player eats. Love it.
What a pathetic response to a genuine question.

Read my initial post again.

At times you really are like a child.

Wannabe2 said:
Why don't we just eat whatever The Steelers ate, that should sort it, it's now about what a player eats. Love it.
I think the Steelers each had a big full-plate of 'Up for it' before today's game and our guys just had a small plate of ...... :shock:

We should install electrodes in the helmets which would administer electric shocks to the players via remote control if the fans think an individual player is not skating fast enough or is making mistakes etc. :idea:

DevilDom

Baphomet said:
We should install electrodes in the helmets which would administer electric shocks to the players via remote control if the fans think an individual player is not skating fast enough or is making mistakes etc. :idea:
:lol:

In all seriousness, other than making the travel arrangements as short and as comfortable as possible and fans getting behind the team at away games I don't think there is a lot more that can be done and anything that is done is will obviously be budget dependent.