Match Night ( Just the one annoying thing)

Thread starter #1
The amount of people that leave before clapping the team off the ice, I know people want to beat the traffic, I don't expect the fans of a losing visiting team to stay and watch the skate around, but 5-10 mins to give the team the applause they deserve is hardly going to make a lot of difference to your lives you are Devils fans after all

Everything else is just perfect

jimmy snels

Disagree. Everyone has their own individual situations. Mine for example is I live in Llantwit major and I've got a little baby to get back for after leaving the mrs alone with her all evening. Getting trapped in the swimming pool car park for an additional 15mins on top of the extra time to stay behind as well as the additional traffic means as much as I appreciate their efforts I'm out of the door as soon as I can

Thread starter #3
jimmy snels said:
Disagree. Everyone has their own individual situations. Mine for example is I live in Llantwit major and I've got a little baby to get back for after leaving the mrs alone with her all evening. Getting trapped in the swimming pool car park for an additional 15mins on top of the extra time to stay behind as well as the additional traffic means as much as I appreciate their efforts I'm out of the door as soon as I can
Understand that, school nights etc and when there has been loads of pens a long game, then ot and pen shots.it just seems not right that they skate off to a half empty arena. Perhaps it will get better when the new arena comes along and it is a comfortable place to spend some time after the game, having a drink with friends and chatting about the game

I use to stay win or loose. This season I park in the swimming pool car park and do leave on the buzzer to get home quicker. I think once the new rink is built it will go back to normal.

is it more noticeable this season because we are having crowds of 2000 or is there hardly any fans in the rink at all compared to before?

Diafol

Never judge someone until you've walked miles in their shoes (I think).

I normally stay until the players have left the ice as I'm usually driving and therefore not in any hurry.

On the rare occasions we have games on a Saturday I'll catch the 666 bus and have a few beers, which means I have to rush out just before the end of the game or risk missing my connection for the 90 minute bus ride home.

I don't think the players worry too much if I'm not leaning over the barrier at that point !

zoesdevil

jodysstillagirlsname said:
The amount of people that leave before clapping the team off the ice, I know people want to beat the traffic, I don't expect the fans of a losing visiting team to stay and watch the skate around, but 5-10 mins to give the team the applause they deserve is hardly going to make a lot of difference to your lives you are Devils fans after all

Everything else is just perfect
My family & I live in Carmarthen so that extra 5-10 minutes is invaluable to us as we have learnt from previous experiences! It's not just Cardiff fans that support this club it's fans from around Wales that travel to games too! Plus I work at 5am on a Monday & still get back around 11am after a Sunday game leaving 1-2 mins before end of game! So to answer your question it does make a lot of difference to us & others!

Sheincar

What annoys me is players moving off the blue line before the end of the anthem. Even more so now Paul Sullivan is singing it. Disrespectful and I believe there is a penalty for it. Isn't it great that we only have these minor things to moan about though!

Thread starter #11
Sheincar said:
What annoys me is players moving off the blue line before the end of the anthem. Even more so now Paul Sullivan is singing it. Disrespectful and I believe there is a penalty for it. Isn't it great that we only have these minor things to moan about though!
Yes it is Sheila, and I just think if we won a final most would stay for presentation etc, these guys are putting in the effort that previously some players haven't even put in to a final, and they deserve the applause.

Totally understand everyone has their personal circumstances that govern it, but getting to the front of the bar queue shouldn't come in to it

Ocko

I think it would be nice if a few more stayed behind. Especially after performances like those of the past few weeks, the players deserve it. I know everyone has their own situation, I travel straight to Portsmouth after every Sunday game, but 10 minutes doesn't make a massive difference.

Slartibartfast

Ah this is more like it. We haven't had a good moan thread for a long time. So I would like to throw in
1. People still walking in front of you when the game is in play.
2. Speaker still to loud so it is impossible to hold a conversation. (At least turn it down during the break)
3. Im struggling with 3 so Im going to complain that there is not enough to complain about any more. Damn you Todd Kelman for making hockey so enjoyable. :lol:

BostonBart22

on the subject of anthems in the early years , the qfficials would give a 2 minute penalty for leaving the blue line before it finished... taggart, kirkham, toeman, would all watch for that....my gripe as well is people trying to find their seats when anthem being played instead of standing still :x

mazza03

Sheincar said:
Matt Myers is one of the biggest culprits on this AND he is Welsh, shame on him. :x