Maybe we should do this as a mark of respect...

Samael

The minute silence is the traditional way to pay respect and remembrance. The cynic in me feels a free beer token seems like a shallow marketing ploy to get people to the game, which is distasteful imo.

fridaysfingers

The minute silence is the traditional way to pay respect and remembrance. The cynic in me feels a free beer token seems like a shallow marketing ploy to get people to the game, which is distasteful imo.
Not sure about getting more people through the door but definitely a ploy to get people in early to spend more

sjkelly07

Just a comment about tomorrow's pre game 2 minutes silence and anthem. I have read some unsavoury messages on social media about, 'I hope we're not playing the English anthem'. 'Why should we be have to listen to that'. Etc.

Just to say I'm not a royalist and I'm Welsh through and through. However the Queen is all I and many of us have ever known and as a mark of respect for a mother, grandmother and great grandmother, who has been the face of this country for over 70 years, I'm happy to stand for the anthem at tomorrows game. If people disagree and don't wish to stand or sing the anthem, then that's their choice, but please, please be respectful.

In the past we have been courteous of other European anthems in the CHL and more recently, under different circumstances, the Ukrainian anthem. Lets not do anything silly tomorrow night to spoil it.

moggy#9

Just a comment about tomorrow's pre game 2 minutes silence and anthem. I have read some unsavoury messages on social media about, 'I hope we're not playing the English anthem'. 'Why should we be have to listen to that'. Etc.

Just to say I'm not a royalist and I'm Welsh through and through. However the Queen is all I and many of us have ever known and as a mark of respect for a mother, grandmother and great grandmother, who has been the face of this country for over 70 years, I'm happy to stand for the anthem at tomorrows game. If people disagree and don't wish to stand or sing the anthem, then that's their choice, but please, please be respectful.

In the past we have been courteous of other European anthems in the CHL and more recently, under different circumstances, the Ukrainian anthem. Lets not do anything silly tomorrow night to spoil it.
I saw those comments on Twitter and thought they were embarrassing and that they reflect poorly on the club. I'm no supporter of the monarchy, but there's a difference between respecting the person and what she contributed to public life, and the concept. These attitudes are more what I'd expect from a spoilt 12 year old than a grown adult.

Samael

Really not surprised there are knobs on twitter spouting off disrespectful garbage. It vindicates my decision to avoid such a toxic platform.

Regardless of what people think of the Royals and the monarchy, they are people at the end of the day and the death of a member of their family deserves respect and condolence. Anyone who fails to acknowledge this is a dehumanised disrespectful arsehole be they Welsh, Scottish, Irish, English or whatever.

Really not surprised there are knobs on twitter spouting off disrespectful garbage. It vindicates my decision to avoid such a toxic platform.

Regardless of what people think of the Royals and the monarchy, they are people at the end of the day and the death of a member of their family deserves respect and condolence. Anyone who fails to acknowledge this is a dehumanised disrespectful arsehole be they Welsh, Scottish, Irish, English or whatever.
what a great post, well said mate

Samael

There isn’t an English anthem. God save the King/Queen is the British anthem
It's played before England Football and Rugby matches so it's widely associated with England more than GB. You are technically correct though, it is the national anthem of the United Kingdom of Great Britain.