meet the players

I think Maxi will be in Toronto still visiting family..Don't quote me on it though and Jay still didn't have his visa thursday so im not sure if he will be back in time either..Time will tell..Looking forward to seeing them all back to be honest.. Should be a good night

I don't think that Matt Miller will be there either as he is still waiting for his visa, but it doesn't matter what players are or aren't there it will still be a goood night :D

ASHIPP

Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I 'm sure I read somewhere that Scott(Romfo) may also not be there because he is also waiting on his visa? I can't wait to see all the Guys at Walkabout and for the season to begin.....but if we are missing 3 or 4 guys by the weekend, we're going to look a bit thin to say the least against Coventry. It's not giving late arrivals much time to really gel.
I know these are only warm-up matches but the Blaze squad will already have been together 2 weeks and played 3 matches in advance of playing us! :cool:

Rempel16

So that becomes 4 imports down, when Cov and Sheffield have both played 2 games with near enough full import quotas (just Bolibruck and Fulghum missing). Saturday's game will be a waste of time playing with just 6 imports. I thought this was supposed to be the season where we'd be prepared.

ASHIPP

Rempel16 said:
So that becomes 4 imports down, when Cov and Sheffield have both played 2 games with near enough full import quotas (just Bolibruck and Fulghum missing). Saturday's game will be a waste of time playing with just 6 imports. I thought this was supposed to be the season where we'd be prepared.
Blaze v Steelers pre-season return match last night. Score Blaze 6 Steelers 3.

Calder and Carlson were their usual awesome selves (Campbell and Weaver playing v well too) - and the Steelers only had Bolibruck missing! :eek:
I know the warm-ups mean very little other than getting ice time for all the players and trying out moves against other teams but, you have to admit, Coventry enter the new season with a great practice advantage. Good for them - not so good for us. :?

ASHIPP said:
Blaze v Steelers pre-season return match last night. Score Blaze 6 Steelers 3.

Calder and Carlson were their usual awesome selves (Campbell and Weaver playing v well too) - and the Steelers only had Bolibruck missing! :eek:
Ah, same old Calder scoring goals for fun against back-ups, Hull or Basingstoke to make his numbers look better...*whistles* :lol:

If those friendlies were an indication of the season to come, then IMO Coventry have been over-rated, or Steelers very under-rated...

On topic, sort of...it's not like you haven't got enough Brits to fill your roster up this year and still have 3 competitive lines. At least no one will be double shifting risking more injuries in pre-season! I know it's nothing like the same as having your best line up out there but it'll be good practice for them when you lose 4 imports to the curse of the knee about November time! :lol: :twisted:

Gazza272

I hope there will be a full press release confiming the cancellation of the event as opposed to it being tucked away in that one, as not everyone will read that i wouldnt have thought. something will probably be in the Echo though.

Bit of a dissapointment really, i just hope i know how many import players are going to be in by the Saturday game so i can decide weather to go down or not.

Diafol

It was bad enough that I can't attend the game on Saturday as I'm away for the weekend, but telling my kids they'll miss meet the players / skate with the players will be even worse...

Diafol said:
It was bad enough that I can't attend the game on Saturday as I'm away for the weekend, but telling my kids they'll miss meet the players / skate with the players will be even worse...
dont tell them then :lol:

ASHIPP

At least the club is putting a positive spin on the 'Skate with the Players' event on Saturday - that's ok if you are actually going to the match. The cancellation of the 'Meet the Players' evening will be a big disappointment to a lot of fans (especially as some of the other Clubs like the Steelers had a successful event last week, and Coventry have 2 player events this week) - I'm not at all suprised given that some players are still arriving. I'm more concerned about how many will actually be icing against Coventry, given that we have paid to see THE TEAM.

James

Administrator
It's a shame and yes I was looking forward to it. Better I guess to cancel it than have a bit of a damp squib launch to the season with an event with only a couple of players turning up. If they are all here for the trip to Newcastle I'll be happy.

ASHIPP said:
At least the club is putting a positive spin on the 'Skate with the Players' event on Saturday - that's ok if you are actually going to the match. The cancellation of the 'Meet the Players' evening will be a big disappointment to a lot of fans (especially as some of the other Clubs like the Steelers had a successful event last week, and Coventry have 2 player events this week) - I'm not at all suprised given that some players are still arriving. I'm more concerned about how many will actually be icing against Coventry, given that we have paid to see THE TEAM.
I agree we have payed to see the team i don't want to watch a few imports and the rest of the side made up of kids it's just not on, i just hope they all make it in time. :cry:

:twisted:

We are absolutely furious about the cancellation of this weeks meet the player event. We have actually cancelled an event at the pub to ensure that we could attend. A move which has now put us £250 out of pocket for nothing! Thats a good portion of what we have paid for a season ticket to watch "a team" that havent been properly iced yet!!!!

Kipper

I am led to believe that the delays in getting the visas sorted out was because the Elite League provided some of the clubs, including the Devils, with the incorrect documentation.

Kip i'm not denying that, but who else is delayed up to 4 players?

Blaze - Fulgham
Steelers - Bolibruck

Otherwise both squads full.

I want to know as it will effect if we are going to the game!!