Memorable Moments at the BBT

Wannabe2

Definately the first ever game at the BBT, knowing that all the hard work Sorac had put in had finally paid of, that was one very rewarding day.

Jones72

Jones72 said:
Paul Sullivan said:
Still surprised how many people cite or talk about the Weller / Neilson 'hit'. It wasn't a hit. Weller stopped skating and just happened to be a LOT stronger then Corey, who was not expecting contact.

Funny? Hell yeah.

Great hit? Not at all.

Great shout from JISAGN about Sean's goal in the Charity tournament though. What a totally Hollywood moment that was. Awesome.
Pedant.

Intentional hit or not...the point is that Corey was humiliated.

That in itself is good enough for me!
So much easier to say "Weller's hit on Corey" than "Corey skated into a stationary Weller and then bounced back in the direction he came from landing on his...".

ASHIPP

Mark666 said:
the final game of the CC group stage last season (these always tend to be crackers) against Nottingham. Weller scored to tie the game with seconds to go. The crowd went wild. Then, knowing that a draw would be enough for both teams to go through at the expense of the Steelers, both teams spent the closing moments of the game just basically staring at each-other over the neutral zone. Meanwhile both sets of fans sang their hearts out together, unified in a mutual dislike of Sheffield. Heartwarming.

Also I just love the smell. I get giddy just walking in the front doors or when I'm rummaging in my wardrobe and i catch the smell of the BBT from one of my hockey shirts. So much good times, friends, exhilarating moments, tension, relaxing and escapism in that mangy plastic box. The smell just takes be straight to the tingle of the final minutes of a tied game or the rush of expertly delivered check to the boards, the adrenalin roar of the crowd jumping to their feet. Just waiting for the teams to come out for an Elite game or an ENL game i know that nothing else can bother me for the next 2 hours.

That, and when they got Old English on tap.
My bold - you could tell how much that moment meant to the Devils. :D :cool: They went wild with the celebrations. Think that was another early defining moment when everyone began to realise that the Big Red Machine was going to be a something-special-once-in-a-sporting-lifetime experience for team and fans. They simply had the ability and courage to nail important games. And for one glorious season, it happened virtually every week. :cool:

Mark666 said:
Also I just love the smell. I get giddy just walking in the front doors or when I'm rummaging in my wardrobe and i catch the smell of the BBT from one of my hockey shirts. So much good times, friends, exhilarating moments, tension, relaxing and escapism in that mangy plastic box. The smell just takes be straight to the tingle of the final minutes of a tied game or the rush of expertly delivered check to the boards, the adrenalin roar of the crowd jumping to their feet. Just waiting for the teams to come out for an Elite game or an ENL game i know that nothing else can bother me for the next 2 hours.
Forget the Big Pink Tent this summer, give this guy the chair!

There is something about the smell of the place though; it's the lovechild of hotdogs and cleaning fluid cavorting with ployester jerseys and aging woodstain. Can't repoduce it, it's unique. If they could sell it in bottles... There's my favourite moment; walking in after having had a poo week at work and realising that game I was looking forward to to get me through it all is about to happen.

I agree with the smell thing too! I didn't want to say anything but it's true I love that smell! I just don't like the not so friendly aroma when they are having drain problems in the summer tho lol!
There is something comforting about it there, it's one of those things that remind you of all the good times I've had there, the people I've met and the fun I've had. They should bottle it as eau de devil, in-car scent I would buy for sure!

voth26

every time at the bbt when the whole of the red army is in full voice for the anthem, and when the red army chant is belted out, just writing this post the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck (sad i know what the hell lol)

Glad its not just me with the smell thing (though i doubt thats what PowerPlay were looking for)
I've mocked up my idea for some planet ice merchandise.

Having attached an extremely crude graphic this would probably be a bad moment to point out that I'm an accomplished but unemployed graphic designer seeking work.

Attachments

Mark666 said:
Glad its not just me with the smell thing (though i doubt thats what PowerPlay were looking for)

Having attached an extremely crude graphic this would probably be a bad moment to point out that I'm an accomplished but unemployed graphic designer seeking work.
That is just brilliant! Business opportunity right there!

rocketbob

Mark666 said:

I'd definitely buy one of those.

ASHIPP

Mark666 said:

Mark - love this idea. :cool: You could do with a millionaire to back you and get this idea patented now! ;) :lol:

Paul Sullivan

Personally I will be happier when that air freshener is moved up a little, and we can all see the real thing in our rear-view mirror for the last time...

mazza03

Martynwo said:
Seeing the Newcastle team getting back on the bus soon after arriving as the ice was too thin / not frozen.
Yeah, we had been there for over an hour setting up the sales and 50/50 tables, ice wasn't frozen but we were. ;)

Even as a STH, when the lights go out and the 'duh duh duh duh' music/video comes on it really makes me hugely passionate about the team. It's a great feeling and build up to a game. Well done Devils!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

jimmy snels

Paul Sullivan said:
Personally I will be happier when that air freshener is moved up a little, and we can all see the real thing in our rear-view mirror for the last time...
agreed!!!!!! i wanta move now!! :)

soo many...

WELLERS HIT or whatever, just too see neilson, go down like that!,

knocking the squeelers out of the CC! :D :D :D :D

any one of sir tyler's/brad's hit ;) ;)

So many good memories, but just a few to mention:

G showing mcmorrow he ain't all that!

The Voth vs Andrew Sharp behind the bench brawl!

Latullipe 'pushing' over Finnerty!

The whole of last season, we were really spoilt last season!

That's all from me...

Gazza272

nmase20 said:

That's all from me...

The behind the bench brawl was between Voth and Adam Knight who at the time was playing for Hull :)

Wannabe2

Gazza272 said:
nmase20 said:

That's all from me...
Spot on.

The behind the bench brawl was between Voth and Adam Knight who at the time was playing for Hull :)