Memories of Mo

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #1
Morning all.

I am helping out the one and only Steve Moria for his retirement game on August 25th in Basingstoke.

One of the things we would like to do is get some memories of the man himself - his playing time, off the ice, funny stories - anything at all. These will be put together and shared via website, Twitter and the official programme.

In particular we would love to hear any comments about Mo's amazing career and what he has brought to the British game during his time here.

As a genuine Devils legend I hope we can get some great thoughts and comments from the red army. Thanks for your time.

My favourite memory of Mo was in the 1990 Heineken playoff final at Wembley when we were 3 nil down in the closing stages of the 1st period and Mo hit a hatrick in about 1.53 seconds. The 3rd goal being a gem in the top corner and he celebrated with a great fist action!!! Awesome moment that sticks so clear in my head. Also the best game ever!!!!

Foxy

Off ice
CDSL Car Treasure hunt. Mo was in one of the cars and im convinced he spent more time blagging the answers off the other cars then searching for them lol

mazza03

Foxy said:
Off ice
CDSL Car Treasure hunt. Mo was in one of the cars and im convinced he spent more time blagging the answers off the other cars then searching for them lol
I remember that :lol:

Off ice
In the summer of 2000 when we held a sponsored bike ride from Newport to Cardiff to help raise money for the players that hadn't been paid. Mo, and indeed Vez took part in it however because of his competitive nature Mo had to be the first one to finish :lol:

Wannabe2

Yes but Mo being Mo he done it with in line skates on with Vez on the bike, to skate from Newport leisure centre to the WNIR in the time he did was truelly awesome, Great player, and a very very nice human being.

wildthing74

That goal for 3-3 at the end of the 1st in Wembley '90 still gives me goosebumps even know and for me is my most memorable Mo moment.
Also kudos for being the only guy that could look cool wearing a bandana in his 30s.Take note Axel Rose!

Slartibartfast

My memory is a bit fuzzy but I think it was the 89/90 Playoff qualifiers. We were playing Murrayfield Racers and were 6-1 down and destined to miss out on Wembley.
Mo scored within seconds of the period start and the Devils came to life. Think Mo, Lawless and Chinny popped in some more and before you know it we had won 8-6. The crowd went nuts. Best game ever
The BBC commentator made some comment amount Mo leading his team in the fightback and he was right. Mo was truly a leader on and off the ice.

wildthing74

Be great to see a few Devils fans down there supporting a true Devils legend.To think when he left I was thinking "oh well,gutted but he is 30odd" then to be over the moon when he came back just as good a few years later and gave us even more great years of service.
Well done Mo.Congratulations on lasting this long and still doing yourself justice on the ice.
Well deserved banner in BBT rafters.

mazza03

Am I right in thinking I went to Mo's testimonial at Cardiff? I have a badge on my shirt. If so is he the only player to have 2 with different teams?

Diafol

He's been around so long he's probably had 3 or 4 :lol:

It was before my time following the club but didn't he have a testimonial Devils v Mocats ?