Memory Lane

drainage

Thread starter #1
I have just located my copy of "Its funny when you win everything" covering the Devils 86 - 94!! Am now sitting in the garden, glass of wine in hand reliving the days of Bill Taylor, Perry Olivier, Mike Urqhart and the gang ,! Happy Days are here again ! :D :D :D

timetoplaythegame said:
That book was a curse - we havent won alot since!
Without bringing up an old argument - if you were a supersticious person you could argue that the 'new' logo is cursed!! Only 3 trophies sinced we changed it in 1997-98 if my memory serves me correct (99 Playoffs, 2006 Challenge Cup, 2007 BK Cup).

The meet the players evening will see my traditional argument with the group that I go to the hockey with about going back to red helmets, the old logo and green shorts....and I know that i'm fighting a losing battle every year!!!

Cheers,

John

John 1927/1986 said:
timetoplaythegame said:
That book was a curse - we havent won alot since!
Without bringing up an old argument - if you were a supersticious person you could argue that the 'new' logo is cursed!! Only 3 trophies sinced we changed it in 1997-98 if my memory serves me correct (99 Playoffs, 2006 Challenge Cup, 2007 BK Cup).

The meet the players evening will see my traditional argument with the group that I go to the hockey with about going back to red helmets, the old logo and green shorts....and I know that i'm fighting a losing battle every year!!!

Cheers,

John
I agree about the red helmets and the green shorts John, but i don't fancy having my new devils logo tattoo lazered off :)

wildthing74

Never could get my head around how Beer defected to Scum city.Never really got on with him for some reason and this only soured it further.
Good book I will give him that but as been said previous it seems that maybe our luck ran out as we have not had much success ever since.

Its on top of my right arm, had it two years now cost me £90 took two and half hours to do because of the red and black line work, looks good though. :twisted: Thing is now every where i go, people see it and think i'm a Manchester united fan for some reason :eek:

mine didnt take that long because i decided to have it in black and white instead, made a slight boo boo as well because i didnt realise there is a older version of the new logo and i gave him that :p not bothered though its only a difference in shading and i still love it :D

nmase20 said:
mine didnt take that long because i decided to have it in black and white instead, made a slight boo boo as well because i didnt realise there is a older version of the new logo and i gave him that :p not bothered though its only a difference in shading and i still love it :D
Where did you have your tattoo done? ;)