Merry Christmas!

SteveKing

Thread starter #1
Wishing everyone in the Devils family a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year. I understand that there have been some fans that have wondered about our engagement with the team due to a lack of posting here on the Inferno. I can assure everyone that that couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact it’s because of our intense love for the team that we haven’t been on here as much.

let me describe it this way: what if you had a partner or a child that was a public figure and there was an online forum about them. If that forum was fairly consistently negative, I would never go on there. It would lead me to going crazy! It’s the same thing with all forums like this. That’s what Todd was saying in his comments in the programme. He said “forums”. He was not singling out our fans that post just on the Inferno. I follow forums for many teams - including my home town Flames. They’re all the same. It’s the way social media works. It’s far easier and safer to gravitate towards a more negative view. It’s a real shame but it’s just the facts of human nature in these settings. None of us feel that anybody with a negative view is a lesser fan and none of us need our egos boosted by positive comments either.

So don’t take my lack of posting negativeLT. It’s purely self preservation! Our dedication to the club keeps expanding. We are now the proud owners of two apartment units in Cardiff to house our players. Having owned units instead of renting makes long term economic sense and will allow us to control our costs in the future. We continue to look for ways to improve the on-ice product as well. Bringing in Rory Herrman will help with our depth, particularly since we’ve been hit by some key injuries. We’ll keep looking and will not hesitate to bring in additional help if the coaching staff thinks it’s required.

Guildford has had an amazing run to this point. Finding ways to win almost every close game. Tip of the cap to them. But don’t count us out. I feel like our consistency and identity has been improving and we’re starting to see results. We’re 8-1-1 in our last 10 games. I still believe that this group can make a legitimate push. We’ve had the highest scoring team in the league most of the year and as a group I’m seeing a better commitment to team defence. I’m excited for what the second half of the season brings. It’s a matter of perspective but our win percentage is not far off the ones we had in our championship years.

so have a wonderful holidays with your loved ones. Keep cheering on the boys and keep posting your thoughts - even the negative ones. Lord knows I’ve had a few of my own over the course of this year and every other year. Hockey brings out passion more than any other sport!

Merry Christmas!

Steve

Wannabe2

Thanks for the post Steve, think we needed that to confirm we are ALL in this together. It’s been a topsy turvey season so far, and boy have we been spoilt over the seasons. Anyway great to hear from you as always,hopefully the New Year will be Happy Hockey Days for us all, hope yourself and your lovely family have a great Xmas, and thanks again for being you. Okay 2023 we are waiting for you, let the battles commence, the Red Army are ready and waiting. Merry Xmas and a fantastic New Year to all you Devils fans.

BostonBart22

Great and assuring post Steve, first of all minus 21 in your backyard, my nuts were dropping off minus 7 last week, was getting worried about your and the other owners health wise but Great to hear from you, like you say its been an up and down season on the devils part so far, as for the fans you know we are there in doom and gloom when we lose and boy I hate losing, so let's turn this around in 2023 and be positive and a final push for silverware, merry Xmas to you , and the devils family, home and abroad .

hip check

A merry Christmas to you and your family Steve, nice of you to post on here and allay our fears and negativity regarding our beloved Devils. We all realise that we have amazing owners and it's only our love for our club that makes us hurt so much when we see our team getting turned over.
Roll on 2023 when hopefully we'll all have more to cheer and feel positive about.

Eagles8

Merry Christmas Steve, and thank you for a great post. One of my favourite seasons was 2014/15 when you all took over.... the Challenge cup year! So here's a 2014 Christmas Special Flashback , oh the memories!!!

pjj365

Merry Christmas to all happy clappers, the whingers and moaners the rational and irrational not to mention the owners, staff players and volunteers. Think that covers all fans. Have a good day tomorrow

SteveKing

Thread starter #18
I was really close to adding “we may even bring back a name from the past” in my Christmas post but I figured you would likely guess the Fournier signing from that. Very pleased to have Stefan join us. He’s been talking to us about coming over for a few years now. A real character on and off the ice. Can’t wait to see him play!