MNL - No Score Predictions - PLEASE

Thread starter #1
The MNL service is excellent for those of us unable to attend a game, and well done for such a good job.

However, can we please stop posting people's score predictions in it, it's absolutley pointless and of little interest to myself and I'm sure many others. Take tonight, even at 2-0 down all we have is predictions of how we'll come back and even who's going to score our goals. It's pointless.

If there are individuals interested in predicting the score and telling everyone we're going to win again (as they do every game), and for those who are so telepathic they even know who'll score our goals, then give them a thread of their own so I and others can ignore it.

Rant over and keep up the good work (minus the score predictions)

Thanks

lol just dont read it jeez, there doing you a bloody good service here and all you can do is moan about the score predicitions! its a bit of fun, lighten up.

Thread starter #4
nmase20 said:
lol just dont read it jeez, there doing you a bloody good service here and all you can do is moan about the score predicitions! its a bit of fun, lighten up.
Well if you can't beat them, join them.

I say Devils to come back and win 86-2 in the third period with Brad Pitt getting 60 of them and 42 assists to George Clooney. Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stallone will step up to the plate and wipe out the entire Notts team and the leave the NIC rink a smouldering pile of metal!!

Skippy

Centre Ice said:
The MNL service is excellent for those of us unable to attend a game, and well done for such a good job.

However, can we please stop posting people's score predictions in it, it's absolutley pointless and of little interest to myself and I'm sure many others. Take tonight, even at 2-0 down all we have is predictions of how we'll come back and even who's going to score our goals. It's pointless.

If there are individuals interested in predicting the score and telling everyone we're going to win again (as they do every game), and for those who are so telepathic they even know who'll score our goals, then give them a thread of their own so I and others can ignore it.

Thanks

What would take longer ignoring the chat or posting that ?

puck

Centre Ice said:

Thanks
Got to say I'm with Centre Ice on this one. I love MNL and the guys do a great job, but found it easier to get the hang of without all the score predictions. I know if you're doing nothing but reading MNL it's probably good to have more chatter, but I'm checking in on it while working so I'd rather no predictions and having a predictions thread on here instead.
That takes nothing away from the great job you're all doing though and I thank you for that!
(prediction - Fulton to come back with 5 short handed goals all the way from Canada before his arrival)

Chris

Administrator
Perhaps a compromise then?

Score predictions before the game starts and then stop with the predictions? Just general comments on the game and/or future games.

On the other hand...

We're pulling around 1000 viewers per game to MNL, these are the first complaints. Emails are on the increase, and we're pulling in absolutely loads of viewers from North America and Canada...

Discuss :)

Chris.

Thread starter #9
Chris Stone said:
Perhaps a compromise then?

Score predictions before the game starts and then stop with the predictions? Just general comments on the game and/or future games.

On the other hand...

We're pulling around 1000 viewers per game to MNL, these are the first complaints. Emails are on the increase, and we're pulling in absolutely loads of viewers from North America and Canada...

Discuss :)

Chris.
Chris,

I have no issue with te chatter or even saying 'billy bob thornton's logged on from Hollywood and wants to wish the Devils well', that's a nice touch.

But the constant predictions are pointless. Same people every week saying we're gonna win and by how many, even when we go two down.

Start a thread before the game and let them post and update it between themselves and the rest of us can ignore it.

Incidentally, just asking not trying to give you a hard time. But when you say your pullng a 1,000 people per game, how come it shows around 23 people viewing including guests at the bottom of the screen?

Chris

Administrator
Forums and MNL run seperately.

We can't/don't advertise the forum on other forums, much the same as other forums don't advertise on here.

Don't have the stats to hand at the moment, but I can probably bring them up for you if my hosting will let me back in.

Point taken about predictions though! We'll see how it goes on Saturday for the game in Hull!

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
No problem,

Been tempted to try and get some feedback for MNL for ages anyway.

Tonights site outage was cuased by the number of people watching mnl, so be interesting to see what the magic number is that causes the implosion!

Chris.

nmase20 said:
carry on as you are chris, as you say your pulling in tons of people and yet only two have complained, i'd say they are in the minority.
Not even as much as complained nmase. I was simply agreeing that it's hard to wade through all the score predictions and find the important stuff. Constructive criticism at worst, not a complaint. Chris and the team bring this amazing service to us completely free and I for one am thankful for any coverage of the away games that I can't get to, I was simply expressing a preference for a cleaner, easy to understand update.

Keep up the good work everyone involved in MNL and the inferno

mazza03

Chris I know on THF that we contribute finacially, is there any finacial problems? Because I for one would be willing to pay £12 per year for the service.

Couldn't there be a compromise. Why not keep the emails and predictions to period breaks? They're pretty boring anyway - only good for the updater to fetch a beer and have a pee so why no fill them up with waffle?!

I really like the MNL service I think your doing a great job. Having the predictions on there doesn't bother me, it must be difficult when there's not a lot going on with the match and needing to fill it with something. How about having the predictions in a different Font colour and people who don't want to read it can stick to reading the black font.

Chris

Administrator
Chris I know on THF that we contribute finacially, is there any finacial problems? Because I for one would be willing to pay £12 per year for the service.
Definately no financial problems, the account was suspended because there were 1300 unique visitors on mnl last night, server couldn't cope and we were dragging other sites down with us!

I think last night was a one off with the number of visitors, but you never know, so we've been onto the hosts and made some changes.

Check out http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=400 for the info.

Chris.