MOM

Oryx said:
What ever happened to the MOM voting via Bluetooth? Was probably mentioned many moons ago but hey-ho!
It's was probably done by the same person who looks after the online store !!!! :shock:

I believe the DJ now picks the MOM! Seems a good idea to let one person who has their eyes on the decks pick instead of 1500 fans watching the game.

Finny said:
I believe the MOTM is not picked by the DJ, but by several people.
Yeah right being best buddies you would know ;)

Disagreements aside it was still better with the bluetooth set up, it also gives fans a sense of involvement. A bit like player of the month, meet the players at the start of the season the list could go on.

I believe certain volunteers get a season ticket for their efforts, would you like to comment on that one!

James

Administrator
The MOM is picked by a combination vote of the off ice officials, unless something has changed. I liked the idea of the bluetooth voting but never once actually managed to get a vote off despite trying mutiple phones (which I took along specially as the iPhone doesnt send cards by bluetooth even if it wanted too) :)

Sponge Bob said:
Finny said:

Disagreements aside it was still better with the bluetooth set up, it also gives fans a sense of involvement. A bit like player of the month, meet the players at the start of the season the list could go on.

I believe certain volunteers get a season ticket for their efforts, would you like to comment on that one!
You have an issue with finny telling you that the DJ doesn't make the decision :? :?
I would like to see the bluetooth voting back but without the wallpaper of the chosen player, that way you get rid of an element of people just voting for the player of the wallpaper you want.
Although your still going to get some people just voting for there favourite player, but the people making the decision at the moment don't seem to do much better a job so why not let the fans i guess.

Sheincar

Sponge Bob said:
Finny said:

Well assuming for one minute that you're correct -not sure what that has to do with MOM voting.

DevilDom

Sheincar said:
Sponge Bob said:
Finny said:

Well assuming for one minute that you're correct -not sure what that has to do with MOM voting.
Well I guess it would explain why certain people are not objective when talking about issues invloving the running of the club.

BTW - I'm NOT for 1 minute saying it is not deserved as I don't know the circumstances behind it.

davew

Text voting would be better than bluetooth, but the club may have to pay a whack for the mobile/short sms number.

If the fans are to choose MOM then I think we should go down the north american route of having the 'three stars of the game' route as this will likely take out much of the favouratism from the voting, tbh no one voting system is perfect, but i do wonder if i have watched the same game when i hear the MoM's announced!

Chris

Administrator
I'm not sure of the specifics, but I was under the impression something went wrong behind the scenes with the bluetooth deal, hence it's sudden disappearance.

Chris.

steve

Oryx said:
What ever happened to the MOM voting via Bluetooth? Was probably mentioned many moons ago but hey-ho!

i'm going to quote the original post here just as a reminder what the thread is about.

it bemuses me how easily/unnecessarily/unpleasantly some posters can redirect a thread sometimes.

the benefits received by volunteers for their efforts - whatever they may be, or not be - are not about MOM selection.

steve

Twinkle said:
The problem with fans voting is that a lot of girlies voted for their favourite player regardless of how they played :lol:

just the girls!!! :shock:

we could never get it working from block 2, seemed to be out of range, so obviously the results were always flawed, because the most knowledgeable fans weren't voting! ha.

I liked when they announced 3 last season but I guess that was easy with the Bluetooth results.
Do they still do bluetooth voting at the football???
I thought it was right on the weekend. Mark was more known for his scoring in his first spell here but his defensive work on Sunday was top draw. I guess his spell in tougher leagues has made him a more two way player. Some of his stick checks to dispose the puck from the Panthers player were sublime and vital.
Is there a confirmed knowledge on how it is chosen???

At the playoffs the press are each given a voting slip which is collected in the last few minutes of the game - about 20 people - seems quite representative. Of course that wouldn't work at the tent, but I agree the bluetooth voting was unrepresentative because some kids/girls/and face it even some lads will tend to vote for their favourite player whether they have had a decent game or not.

jimmy snels said:
i was wondering why i hadnt been able to vote for tylor the last 15 games :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm with you there ! unless you're being sarcastic ha ha

What does the guy have to do for god's sake

I wish there was a better way of picking MOM, as someone else said, take away the wallpaper thing and use txt's instead of bluetooth cos I know not everyone could get it to work