Money Back for missed games

Thread starter #1
Just wondering if anyone's tried claiming money back for season ticket games they've missed and how long it took to get the money back.

Unfortunately my wife and I are going to miss 3 games before the end of the season so looking at £60+ back.

wildthing74

I was going to post about this as will miss a few next season as going away to wtch hockey for 3 weeks and will prob miss 3/4 games on the trot.Would like to know also as we go as a family of 4 so will be a decent amount wasted if not given a refund.

Thread starter #3
There do seem to be a few terms and conditions on it. You have to request the money back 2 weeks in advance before the game you are going to miss - in other words you can't claim back if you can't make a game at short notice. It also says if you've bought your ticket in full so possibly doesn't apply to those paying direct debit. I missed this bit before, but it does say payment will be made on the 1st of the following month depending on when the form is recieved.

Still be good to hear from someone who's tried it though. I thought I read somewhere that someone phoned the office and they sorted it straight away although on the site it says no verbal requests. Maybe I'm getting mixed up with the late Belfast game issue a couple of months ago.

I'm still waiting for a refund from the games I missed at the end of September - I waited to book my flights until the fixtures had been announced - gave the Devils advanced notice of the games I was going to miss (then they changed 1 whilst I was away)! I've mentioned this to 4 different people and still haven't had the courtesy of any acknowledgement or update on when this is likely to happen. This was the main reason I paid for my ticket in full before the end of May - can't see that I will do it next year.

wildthing74

JPM42 said:
I'm still waiting for a refund from the games I missed at the end of September - I waited to book my flights until the fixtures had been announced - gave the Devils advanced notice of the games I was going to miss (then they changed 1 whilst I was away)! I've mentioned this to 4 different people and still haven't had the courtesy of any acknowledgement or update on when this is likely to happen. This was the main reason I paid for my ticket in full before the end of May - can't see that I will do it next year.
That was my concern that the club would not follow through with refunds as have heard others have had similar problems.
My missus spoke to Shannon about this the other day as we are debating wether to renew on a family ticket due to knowing we will miss games because of an extended holiday.I think it would not be such a big deal to me if the saving over the 30 games was bigger than it is.As it stands if a family paid £35 per match for a family ticket every game it only works out about £70 more than the cost of a season ticket paying in advance for all games.Miss 2 games and you are already worse off.
The club should look to increase the discount for buying season tickets especially family tickets as we are way more than most clubs in the league.I believe Sheffield is about £200 less and some even better deals.
Even in Cardiff they are competing with the City and the Blues for families that can't afford to attend more than 1 sporting event and they are both cheaper options.
If the money back works it is a good idea by the club but they have to promote that as hardly anybody seems to know for sure about and make sure that they follow through with it to keep good will.

James

Administrator
Give Simon a shout. I think he is dealing with all this sort of thing now, and he seems to keep on top of it.

mazza03

My daughter and I missed a game in Oct: in fact she missed two, I e-mail the club giving them two weeks notice, rang them and spoke to Shannon and we received our refunds a month or so later it took quite a while and a couple of conversations but we did get it. I don't think Shannon is the best person to talk to because he is caught up with lots of other things. :roll:

wildthing74

She was talking to Shannon about other things such as merchandise etc and he brought up the money back guarantee during the conversation.He would not be the guy I would persue for such matters otherwise.

Thread starter #9
It really should just be a simple process and not required phone calls plus sending forms plus speaking to people at the rink about it.

As Wildthing said, money-wise, you hardly save anything by being a season ticket holder and 'lose out' if you miss one or two games. If the refund system works well and I get my money back for these games then I'll strongly consider getting a season ticket next year - otherwise, I think I'll just buy 20 flex tickets instead and get my ticket for the next home match at the previous one - when i used to do this, I'd always get the same seats as what I have for my season ticket anyway.

Anyway, I'll let you know if I do recieve my money back in a few weeks.

Had a phone conversation with Simon yesterday and am hoping that my refunded money will be with me very shortly. James, I think you are right - Simon is the person that "gets things done" in respect of general admin. I'm not sure that is his actual role but at least it's a start.