Music

E.D.S.

Nope couldn’t give a monkeys.
This topic always rears its head. Can’t please everyone. It’s a hiding to nothing for those that are in charge of the music. A thankless task.

This along with “how the design of the rink is all wrong” always crops up on a slow news day.

Rempel16

I do think the music is more 'playlisted' than 'off the cuff' these days.

Back in the tent, the music played often fitted with events happening on the ice (Green Day - Basket Case when a Steeler was moaning to an official, as an example). I don't think any comedic moments get generated like that these days.

I also think that the music is played too quickly in a break of play. Sometimes Block 13 are mid-chant trying to generate an atmosphere and I feel it would often be better to let their chant override a song from the PA system.

Oh, and please get rid of the 'make some noise' prompt. The atmosphere shouldn't be such that we sing when we are told to. The fans and players should be generating the noise spontaneously.

The_Stick_

Warm up music is specifically requested by the players. The music played in between plays is just the generic stuff that is played league wide.

Realistically though, I wouldn’t mind having to listen to Baby shark on repeat if it meant we got to see Sundays performance every week!

kingmo19.1

I do think the music is more 'playlisted' than 'off the cuff' these days.

Back in the tent, the music played often fitted with events happening on the ice (Green Day - Basket Case when a Steeler was moaning to an official, as an example). I don't think any comedic moments get generated like that these days.

I also think that the music is played too quickly in a break of play. Sometimes Block 13 are mid-chant trying to generate an atmosphere and I feel it would often be better to let their chant override a song from the PA system.

Oh, and please get rid of the 'make some noise' prompt. The atmosphere shouldn't be such that we sing when we are told to. The fans and players should be generating the noise spontaneously.
Loved the music in the tent, well chosen and just seemed to make the building bounce.

Would have loved to have kept that building and we could have just used it to play against the Steelers & Giants :) :)

Kevlar68

Music is always a tricky one for games as peoples personal preferences will come in to play, some think they're crap, some enjoy, some just don't care.
When i did the game night music for the WNIR i would look to Sully with his drum and when i saw he had started the call to fans to chant i wouldn't play anything.
If away supporters started chants i would play the music louder over them.
The best thing to do is keep it high tempo as much as possible to keep the energy up in the arena, playing low tempo or instrumental songs can bring the atmosphere down. Lyrical songs are always better.
The warm up songs used to be aggressive sounding songs to pump up players and fans, the players weren't approached as a players favourite song maybe say Adele "Easy on me", not much to get pumped to, that's just an extreme example of course but you get my drift, the warm up isn't about players listening to their favs it's to say "Go out there a rip them a new one".

Rempel16

Unrelated subject but it always bothers me that the team don’t huddle for a pep talk post anthem, pre-game.

Until last season I don’t recall any Devils team not doing it. The ritual of Joey Haddad skating in from the blue line each game always added to the match night for me…. Not to mention that I see other teams doing it and feel it shows so much more togetherness in the team.

Anyone know why we don’t do it anymore?

Kevlar68

I think it does matter in a way. Imagine every break in play when no chants. The music is meant to keep atmosphere going and driving the crowd. If it was silent every break in play the atmosphere would feel real flat.

Pondlife

Glad we've gone back to Quo as our goal song rather than "Hey Baby"
I can't help but smile when one of theirs goes to the box to "All by myself"
I don't know what the track is that's played when they score or we go on PK. The newer one not "I don't care" but it seems to fit.

Belfast do this thing (yes, I know, calm down :rolleyes:) where a player picks the warm up music and they put the tracklist on the screens which is ok

Diafol

As I've stated before, just get rid of "THE CARDIFF DEVILS ARE CHAMPIONS !!!" at the end.

At least until we win it again.

Makes me cringe every week.

E.D.S.

I don't really mind any of the music. You can't please every one but I agree with what's been written above in that Block 13 do such a good job that sometimes it does feel we drown them out with music. Think we just need to be a bit more cognisant of what they're trying to do at times. Like after we've scored...they do the hey baby thing.....whilst no one wants Hey Baby as our goal music, it's great when they do it to the player that's scored a minute or two after the celebrations have calmed down and Todd has announced the scorer.