Musical disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Administrator
From MNL...
20:45 - Anyone querying why the intro was a nightmare, due to the officials demanding team head out despite the FO time and agreed with them.
Although that doesn't clear it up exactly, i'm going to say it was something to do with the officials, the delayed face off and the timing?

Gazza272

Referee didn't enforce the delayed face off and ordered the team onto the ice.

Given the rest of the performance is anyone really surprised?

Given the horror stories i heard on here about Match night I was expecting a train wreck. Far from it in the end, I like the intro it's well put together.

All in all I thought the Match night team did an excellent job and i look forward to my next visit to the tent to see how they have improved further. Cheers guys :)

Ger-Devils

Gazza272 said:
Referee didn't enforce the delayed face off and ordered the team onto the ice.

Given the rest of the performance is anyone really surprised?

Given the horror stories i heard on here about Match night I was expecting a train wreck. Far from it in the end, I like the intro it's well put together.

All in all I thought the Match night team did an excellent job and i look forward to my next visit to the tent to see how they have improved further. Cheers guys :)
There was an agreement between the club and officials for a delayed FO but before the actual intro begun, the official blew his whistle to get the Devils out on the ice

Even before the botched intro, the five minute countdown had the crowd pumped up and cvlapping along, why did it then cut to a slow song which stopped the crowd's involvement?

Finny

I thought we were very lucky not to get a Delay of Game penalty from the referee last night, presumably only saved by the team coming on before the intro even started.
It would be interesting to know what the referee agreed to, as if it was the same that was announced publically then he was within his right to be well annoyed.

The announcement suggested the game would be started 5 or so minutes later than it was supposed to. In the end it was the 5 minute countdown to the pre-intro intro that started at around 7.05. I get the feeling that the current matchnight team as that tech savvy and so had to let the whole intro run its course as they didn't want to interrupt it. Thankfully there were only a handful of away fans there else we would have been a laughing stock.
And IMO delaying the game because of something that was announced publically during the week is poor. If people expect to turn up at 6.55pm and walk straight in then they deserve to miss the start of the match.

Gazza272

Finny said:
I thought we were very lucky not to get a Delay of Game penalty from the referee last night, presumably only saved by the team coming on before the intro even started.
It would be interesting to know what the referee agreed to, as if it was the same that was announced publically then he was within his right to be well annoyed.

The announcement suggested the game would be started 5 or so minutes later than it was supposed to. In the end it was the 5 minute countdown to the pre-intro intro that started at around 7.05. I get the feeling that the current matchnight team as that tech savvy and so had to let the whole intro run its course as they didn't want to interrupt it. Thankfully there were only a handful of away fans there else we would have been a laughing stock.
And IMO delaying the game because of something that was announced publically during the week is poor. If people expect to turn up at 6.55pm and walk straight in then they deserve to miss the start of the match.

It was a 10 minute delay announced over the PA.

So based on your timings the intro was on time, it was the referee that got it wrong. Set the tone for his performance later on though

Finny

I could have sworn he said 5 minutes, as I looked at my watch and it was 18.57 and I thought it was odd nothing had already started.
Either way, the game didn't start until nearly 20 past which is way more than 5 or 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.