Myers banned for three games

Gazza272 said:
Koop11 said:
Glad someone found this as I couldn't remember which player it was. Based on Gazza's descirption it would appear a very similar scenario.

Absolutely.

Based on the good work by Merthyr and Mooney above Dean Smith was completely correct in his initial call and Moray should not have upgraded it.

Your correct Gazza but that is the NHL the EIHL is so pub league in comparison and rules are made up to suit scenarios that suit certain clubs

BostonBart22

cant blame steelers for asking for a review, think the devils would do the same if the hit looked bad. back to hanson imo sounds stupid but i think he has had it in for the devils since his early days when he was netminder for murrayfield, every time he played against us he always had a pasting from our forwards, plus the abuse matzka gave him in a playoff final couple of years ago, case of sour grapes on his part.

Mooney#16

Having now watched it the screw up is the injury. I don't think the hit itself is bad and Goertzen sees him there but doesn't get time to pivot the shoulder one way or the other. It is delivered to the back of his shoulder so snapping his face towards the glass and the injury. It is very borderline and in fairness tricky for Hanson. You could argue either way but I think the injury makes it a penalty. And with it being an ex nhler you know he knows how to ride a hit. If you do decide penalty then if the tarif is three. Unfortunately three it is. A very borderline ban but I can see how it got arrived at for once.

Thread starter #24
Just seen the highlight and still don't see anything that bad with the hit. Myers followed the puck the whole time and the steeler player does turn to show his numbers at the last moment. Poor, poor decision.

James

Administrator
Lets hope the Devils call for a review. It's blatantly the wrong call, even Steelers fans on THF and Steeltalk agree (well some of them do). If they appeal, does that mean the ban is withheld till decided on? That would mean Myers can play the Sheffield game, whereas if he had got upgraded to match only, it would be a un-appealable 1 game ban and he'd definitely have missed the Shuff game, thus making the longer ban of 3 games less in their favour anyway.

James

Administrator
I can't find one now so I suspect it was just Steeltalk I was looking at (which was surprisingly civil and not frothing at the mouth for a change)