New Arena

Thread starter #1
The new arena holds 800 more than were packed into the BBT tonight. In the words of the great Roy Scheider, we're going to need a bigger boat.

Ocko

You may be right. Maybe we could squeeze out the capacity by 100-200 with an extra row or hospitality areas. Maybe even a balcony area like the WNIR.

In the longer term, there are plans afoot for a 10,000 seat arena in the bay area. We could always use them both then, depending on the game I guess. But filling a brand new facility with good sight lines with only 800 more needed will be just too easy.

jimmy snels

I was only saying that the new rink may not be big enough last night as well. Is there any contingency plan to make it larger if it becomes a huge success? The thing I'd fear the most is that with a huge demand and not enough supply (seats) the inevitable increase in prices for games....

Finny

An extra 800 fans is still a lot to get week in week out. If we're getting 3000+ every week in the new place then the extra income generated will either be enough to ensure we win titles most seasons, or after a couple of years it will be enough to build a new rink/increase capacity.

Let's not get too carried away guys. We're on a great run of form and crowds but the feel good factor won't last forever. I'd guess we're also profiting from the bad feeling around Cardiff City at the moment and the inability by the Blues to be competitive. Either of those teams will takes fans money away from us again in the future.

I also think last night was the first of the big crowds to not include a big group in Block 15. My guess is we'll try to average 2500 next season and get lots of school groups etc to fill the empty seats.

voth26

The conversations last year were how were we going to get fans into the new barn based on the season we were having and the owner we had!!!, now its great to read that WHERE are we going to put the potential extra fans :Banana :Banana given the season and exciting hockey nights the new owners, new team are giving us so far. I just hope the atmosphe we get in a packed BBT can be copied in the new barn

Wannabe2

voth26 said:
The conversations last year were how were we going to get fans into the new barn based on the season we were having and the owner we had!!!, now its great to read that WHERE are we going to put the potential extra fans :Banana :Banana given the season and exciting hockey nights the new owners, new team are giving us so far. I just hope the atmosphe we get in a packed BBT can be copied in the new barn
You could put the Devils fans in the Millenium Stadium and they would have that rocking, they really are the Best.

schulersagoodun said:
voth26 said:
The conversations last year were how were we going to get fans into the new barn based on the season we were having and the owner we had!!!,...........
......and the team recruited by Adams!
with the pittance and the lack of wages paid by the org, strange how Adams has recruited a team that sit top of the league whereas last season with the help of Pope and Ragan he was proud coach of a 9th placed team. If you cannot see where the fault lies after this evidence, as I have said before we get it you dont like G but there were two total tools running the club last year and none of them was called Adams

KaneDevils

with the pittance and the lack of wages paid by the org, strange how Adams has recruited a team that sit top of the league whereas last season with the help of Pope and Ragan he was proud coach of a 9th placed team. If you cannot see where the fault lies after this evidence, as I have said before we get it you dont like G but there were two total tools running the club last year and none of them was called Adams
No argument, spot on.

Do not like g style of dump and chase rubbish cost us so many games at bbt as it too small to play that type of hockey, and wounder how many time Doyle has bailed them out

Ocko

Grateful for all G did but I think Sheffield are such a dull team to watch. Effective, but very boring.

As KaneDevils mentioned, we will never know what G would have done with us this year but if we needed a player coach there is no comparison. Lord is a talisman for this team and one of our best players, G hasnt been able to say that since 2006. Knowing what Lord has done this year I wouldn't trade him for anyone. This is the first year I can remember we haven't made any unforced roster changes. Usually there is a player or two who weren't all they were cracked up to be and get moved on for someone else, this year we've had a settled tight group from day one.

jimmy snels

devils2001uk said:
Do not like g style of dump and chase rubbish cost us so many games at bbt as it too small to play that type of hockey, and wounder how many time Doyle has bailed them out
Exactly what I'm saying.