new coach !!!!

Thread starter #1
after reading the comedy that is occuring at the bbt me personally have written off any league success (barring a miracle). what i would like to say is should we be thinking or discussing next seasons coach !! (hopefully new coach) i feel it should be a past player and the person I would choose would be Steve Moria !! any views ???
I would also like to thank Gerad Adams for the work he has put in and for the good times !!(the guiness world record for one) and wish him well in whatever he chooses to do next.

Ocko

Our next coach should be someone who is given a chance to actually be our coach and not forced to play to save money. And there is no better person than Gerad Adams IMO.

Not that it will ever be him under this management I have no doubt that we will see Dope as our coach for the foreseeable.

But, there are some decent coaches out there. Ed Paterson and Dave Whistle have obviously both been here before with some success and have been coaching junior hockey over the pond. Whistle even threw his name in the hat for the Belfast job saying he's now keen because his son has finished playing junior hockey.

Mo is also someone without a club and a big Cardiff connection.

Would anyone in their right mind touch us with a barge pole? Not a chance now. The only person who would is someone who has been after the job for years and will see someone out of a job to get it at any cost - Dope.

To get a good coach next season and realistically be given a chance you would need PR to back off and just be the owner with no power over the way we play etc.

You would really need to get rid of Pope or he is just going to be the worm that spoils the apple again.

Why not look overseas and see if we can attract a young coach / assitant coach from the minor leagues who is looking for that chance to show he can be a head coach etc.

We need someone who is going to be hungry to win and have the knowledge of the ever changing game.

Sheincar

Sorry but I now can't envisage any coach other than Dope next season. As I've said elsewhere, he's in a win/win position with Ragan. If this team fails to perform as Ragan wants it'll be G & Franny's fault for their poor recruitment & I believe Dope will be given the chance to build his own team next season.

Does the owner's son have a mate who painted the ice earlier this year....or is just down the road at the football club that that happens????!

Wagstaff

Earnie said:
1 Paul Adey

2 Wanabee 2

3 Wagstaff
Haha where did my name come from?
Born and bred in the beautiful city of Coventry! And proud of it!!
And as for experience, I have been watching ice hockey for nearly 2 whole years! (but I do love it!)

I think you should set your sights a little higher than me!