NEW IMPORT SPOT!

yes, but our d are doin fine at the mo, so the extra legs and play makin skills can only be a bonus to the team, hes not an enforcer type player and heading dont count so id welcome him here, will take the presure off our d, and with the travelin we have to do will cut some of the ds ice time down, all good.

kettdevil1

redtilldead said:
yes, but our d are doin fine at the mo, so the extra legs and play makin skills can only be a bonus to the team, hes not an enforcer type player and heading dont count so id welcome him here, will take the presure off our d, and with the travelin we have to do will cut some of the ds ice time down, all good.
But the problem is that when we come up against a 6 foot 5 bruiser, it is only Josh who can match them for size. This was very apparent last night when we struggled to contain the Hull first line and took penalties when trying to match them.

Decent enough player but not what we need for me.

But even if Mark was fit we'd still be in that position? Whilst he is out I would take an import, regardless of style, over playing short every day!

ASHIPP

If it's true that funds are available and a replacement import can be brought in during Mark's absence, then we should be relieved that opportunity is there at all.
I love the way we all want to pick and choose who it's going to be. :lol: In reality, it's all down to availability, skill and affordability. :)
If it is the player that has been already named on here, then we will be getting a v good offensive defenceman (who seeemed to manage very well in his old EIHL team, I recall) - someone like Kenton who can move very quickly, recycle the puck and rack up some points....in other words, bolster the offensive flood of points that Devils' forwards are missing right now.

The proof of Mark Richardson's quality is the fact that he can play ANY role in defence....this is what he is doing so brilliantly right now. And he has taken on more of Mark's defensive role for the moment. :?

TheStub

special fried rice said:
It says on the 9 management website he has been released by Amiens and taken a schooling option, might be coming here. :)
Would be a decent signing and do a job. Not sure if there are schooling options availble... I'm out of touch with when courses run these days. May get late entry, or there may even be a condensed course starting December.

Whenever I see the phrase "schooling options" I think of whips and basques. I think I need to see a professional.

Wannabe2

TheStub said:
special fried rice said:
It says on the 9 management website he has been released by Amiens and taken a schooling option, might be coming here. :)
Would be a decent signing and do a job. Not sure if there are schooling options availble... I'm out of touch with when courses run these days. May get late entry, or there may even be a condensed course starting December.

Whenever I see the phrase "schooling options" I think of whips and basques. I think I need to see a professional.
Where do you find a professional in Whips and Basques. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ASHIPP

Fife Flyers only have 1 import dman, 7 imports in all. And Willie Nicholson, their strongest Brit dman is injured at the mo. Dutiame has said recently they were looking to bolster their import players. Kyle Sibley played on the same team as Danny Stewart and Toms Hartmarnis last season. Think there's more chance of him joining Fife's roster than joining the Devils. :?

Whilst it's been stated that G and Franny are keeping abreast of available players, didn't recent statements say that finances were not available at the moment? :?

I thought at the weekend, with the relatively low attendance for the Panthers game (fireworks commitments i assume), that would dent our chances of getting in a new player.

ASHIPP

TheStub said:
special fried rice said:
If this player does join the Devils, would be suprised if it was on a schooling deal. He studied his MBA at university whilst playing for his previous EIHL team last season.

ASHIPP

Fife Flyers fans are pretty certain Kyle Sibley will be joining the Flyers. They require an offensive defenceman and Dutiame has very recently stated he is looking for players to bolster the D.

Sibley's departure from Amiens now confirmed on Elite Prospects. Having played with Stewart and Hartmanis (both currently at Fife) last season, it's a more likely guess he is heading to Scotland.

DevilDom

My guess from the way G is plugging the sales for the Braehead game is that we won't be getting a replacement unless we have increased attendances and thus increased funds.

Unfortunately the sales for the Braehead game still look really low.

ASHIPP said:
Fife Flyers fans are pretty certain Kyle Sibley will be joining the Flyers. They require an offensive defenceman and Dutiame has very recently stated he is looking for players to bolster the D.

Sibley's departure from Amiens now confirmed on Elite Prospects. Having played with Stewart and Hartmanis (both currently at Fife) last season, it's a more likely guess he is heading to Scotland.
Yeah they are plugging his name but he's not the type of D-man I reckon we need. We have Cohen as an offensive defenceman, we need a big stay at home type. Although Todd did say he was looking for a mobile defenceman that can move the puck well so who knows.

Can anyone remember what he was like last season? Seems to have put up good numbers whilst playing for the Vipers.

osh

DevilDom said:
My guess from the way G is plugging the sales for the Braehead game is that we won't be getting a replacement unless we have increased attendances and thus increased funds.

Unfortunately the sales for the Braehead game still look really low.

DD. I'd hate to think that we were relying on a good attendance for the Braehead game in order to bring in a much needed replacement D man!
Once again, for whatever reasons, we have been much too slow in replacing MS having known how serious his injury was for quite some time

DevilDom

osh said:
DD. I'd hate to think that we were relying on a good attendance for the Braehead game in order to bring in a much needed replacement D man!
Once again, for whatever reasons, we have been much too slow in replacing MS having known how serious his injury was for quite some time
Osh I agree we've been slow, but I think this is out of G and Franny's hands. Attendances are down and given the fiasco in the summer I would doubt the funds are available to continue paying MS and to have a replacement.

Either a very difficult decision needs to be made which could be bad for team morale or we need increased revenue to fund the replacement. That IMO is where we are at and why G is pushing sales.

DevilDom said:
osh said:
Osh I agree we've been slow, but I think this is out of G and Franny's hands. Attendances are down and given the fiasco in the summer I would doubt the funds are available to continue paying MS and to have a replacement.

Either a very difficult decision needs to be made which could be bad for team morale or we need increased revenue to fund the replacement. That IMO is where we are at and why G is pushing sales.

Perhaps he does really enjoy playing to a full house, or maybe the team need more sales to survive and it is not really about an extra player

DevilDom

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Perhaps he does really enjoy playing to a full house, or maybe the team need more sales to survive and it is not really about an extra player
Yes, I'm sure that is true too.