New York - How do you get tickets to watch ice hockey

drainage

Thread starter #1
This might be in the wrong place - move me if it is !

I have a friend that is going to New York in Oct and wants to catch an ice hockey game does anyone know the best way to source tickets ? Looked at the Rangers site and says not able to buy individual tickets

Is it a case of ringing?

I went to see Rangers whilst I was over there, I got tix from TicketsNow no problem at all.

Awesome fun (and this was Rangers vs Panthers, I can't imagine what a derby against the Devils would be like). Would definatley go again, and possibly next time check out a NJ Devils game as well (not too far away).

Rangers tickets can be quit difficult to get hold of sometimes at face value, if he wants face value tickets tell him to watch the Islanders, can buy their tickets on ticketmaster.com. I went to the Nassau Coliseum on long island to watch Islanders v Rangers two years ago and it was awesome. It's just a short 30 odd minute train ride from NYC

Individual game tickets are not on sale yet, you will need to monitor team websites to see when available. Buying tickets from website very easy and you will be able to collect tickets at arena. Rangers first home game 15th oct, New Jersey on 8th Oct and Islanders on 9th oct. As mentioned Rangers tickets will be hardest to obtain probably depends on how many seats you need together, probably single ticket will be easier. I was thinking of New York myself and was checking for alternative ways of obtaining tickets and a site called Craigslist has been mentioned i have never used it however but similat to ebay.Hope this helps

i went to watch new jersey v penguins, new jersey v rangers and new york islanders v devils in March this year and got my tickets from ebay before i left for NY, cheaper that way.

TheStub

sharks09 said:
i went to watch new jersey v penguins, new jersey v rangers and new york islanders v devils in March this year and got my tickets from ebay before i left for NY, cheaper that way.
And I now officially hate you. What a week for games that was. You were there to see us sweep the Pens? Must have been a hell of an atmosphere :( :) ;)

Diafol

When I was there I got my tickets over the net from ticketmaster.com before I left, and picked them up from the box offices.

What a week that was:

Sat: Calzaghe vs Jones
Sun: Devils vs Oilers
Mon: Rangers vs Oilers
Tue: Islanders vs Flyers
Wed: Devils vs Rangers

And I'm hoping to do it again next year, funds permitting !

rocketbob

Slightly off on a tangent, I am hoping to go to a Tampa Bay Lightning game this Decemeber. Has anyone on here seen them at home? If yes, how did you get tickets? Single game tickets are for sale for the game in question (on the Lightning website), but other sites are offering tickets now (probably dodgy as they want $40 delivery charge for a $12 ticket).

I've booked a trip to NYC in April to see Devils v Canadiens and Rangers v Bruins. Madison Sq Garden is great due to it's central location but I've never been to the Prudential Center, NJ. Anyone been? Seems to be pretty easy to get to from manhattan by train but what's it like around the arena ? Anywhere to eat, drink etc? I'm just hoping it's not like Nassau colliseum in middle of nowhere.

zoesdevil

I went onto the Tampa bay lightning page on facebook and asked on there as there nearly all lightning fans and someone gave me the name of a sales rep in Tampa sales office and he did the rest including parking right next to rink!! Try looking on new York rangers page!! Worth a try

Was good as I managed to get devils - habs tickets on ticketmaster for face value whilst I got rangers v bruins tickets on seatwave for less than face value (bizarre). Only mess up is that I've booked it on same weekend as the elite league playoffs in nottingham!