Newcastle///help needed

Thread starter #1
Hi Guys,

wonder if you can help, as previously posted its a busy weekend on the 5th and 6th of Feb with Cardiff city playing Newcastle on the 5th and the devils Playing the 6th,at this point i will confess that i am a city fan rather than a devils fan(please read on), most of us with wives, girlfriends and kids are staying the weekend in Newcastle and we thought that as your playing the day after our game we would like to come all on and support a fellow Cardiff team, please be assured we are not talking 3000 drunken footy fans here,i have mentioned this to my 9 year old and other friends who are also taking kids and we are getting nagged to death to go. i have been on the devils site and there is nothing on there, the vipers site is saying that we can pay on the day...question time
1.can we get tickets in advance from Cardiff
2.if we do get tickets at Newcastle do you think that they will put us with the 'Away' support
3.do you normally have a set allocation,if so do they normally sell all tickets

sorry must confess that im not much of a hockey fan(but that could change)

thanks in advance for any help and good luck to both the Devils and the bluebirds

Mark

Chris

Administrator
Hey hey,

Afraid you can't buy tickets in advance from Cardiff. Not sure if Newcastle have changed their ticket system now, but previously they were only accepting money on the door I think to avoid additional costs from the MRA.

Not sure how the ticketing works for Whitley Bay - I believe this is where the game is being played? - But Newcastle have seen a marked decrease in their crowds since moving so it's unlikely you'd end up sitting with 'home' fans even if the away stand sells out. Infact, does anyone know the seating arrangements for Whitley Bay?

Again, not sure on Whitley Bays seating, the MRA used to be sit anywhere in an 'away' block that the home used to sit in for some bizarre reason.

Best bet might be to register on http://www.neicehockey.co.uk/ if you don't get any specific answers here, although the forum isn't entirely for the Vipers, most of the fans who do have an online presence seem to post there.

Chris.

Thread starter #3
thanks for your help Chris, reading into their site it seems that they are happy to for fans to pay at the door they just dont say what the allocation is or if we can go in the 'Away' end(as we call it), i reckon so far that you may get between 50 to a couple of hundred extra support most of the 'family fans' not that im knocking and others that may want to come are well up for it, it couldn't be written better two sets of fans from totally different sports coming together to cheer on one Capitol City away from home, how many devils fans to you think will make the journey up? are most doing the same as us and staying the weekend? i can imagine it now walking down Newcastle high street and all we will see is blue Cardiff shirts and Cardiff devils tops, its gonna be amazing

wildthing74

I'm a City fan and Devils fan pagey and there will be nop issue in getting tickets.
The game is in Whitley which is outside Newcastle(like maybe going to Barry from Cardiff) but not far and easy to get too.
Been to Whitley loads years ago but not since they moved back as it only happened in November but never a big crowd that meant you could not get in.There is an away block and you pretty much sit anywhere.Won't be the crowds we take away with the city!
The whitley crowd were always a feisty bunch so should be a good atmosphere but family orrientated without the grief you get off police and some locals when you go to the football.
Would love to do the trip but it's my daughter's 8th birthday on that weekend and have plans for her.
Have a great time and hopefully you will see 2 wins.

Wannabe2

bluepagey said:
Hi Guys,

wonder if you can help, as previously posted its a busy weekend on the 5th and 6th of Feb with Cardiff city playing Newcastle on the 5th and the devils Playing the 6th,at this point i will confess that i am a city fan rather than a devils fan(please read on), most of us with wives, girlfriends and kids are staying the weekend in Newcastle and we thought that as your playing the day after our game we would like to come all on and support a fellow Cardiff team, please be assured we are not talking 3000 drunken footy fans here,i have mentioned this to my 9 year old and other friends who are also taking kids and we are getting nagged to death to go. i have been on the devils site and there is nothing on there, the vipers site is saying that we can pay on the day...question time
1.can we get tickets in advance from Cardiff
2.if we do get tickets at Newcastle do you think that they will put us with the 'Away' support
3.do you normally have a set allocation,if so do they normally sell all tickets

sorry must confess that im not much of a hockey fan(but that could change)

thanks in advance for any help and good luck to both the Devils and the bluebirds

Mark
And dont forget to bring your family to a home game, they will love it. Must warn you though once you have been to a home game, its very very difficult to not come back. You will always be very welcome down our home in the bay.

steve

bluey

if there's that many of you going, give the Vipers a call you may get group discount. vipers seem to be better than most teams when it comes to ticketing discounts.

the ticket office number is 0191 261 0909

Thread starter #8
happy days ill try the discount thing, i'll post a message on the city message board, and yes i expect that after Newcastle you me have another fan

thanks again for all your help guys much appreciated