Newcastle Vipers v Cardiff Devils - 01/03 - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running MNL again fro this match from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl.

Devils are again without the usual longterm injuries of Fulton, Campbell and Cowmeadow.

Vipers had only 11 outskated last night with Wilson, Rankin and Tinsley not playing. Payette picked up an injury and did not play the 2nd or 3rd period.

Devils will be looking for another win to consolidate their 5th place, Vipers will be looking for revenge.

Face off at 5pm.

Chris.

Disappointing loss tonight considering we outshot them heavily in the 1st and 2nd. Not sure about the 3rd but I assume we did again. Oh well, a point is better than nothing.

Legin

How come Courtenay took the first Newcastle penalty shot in the second round I thought they had to be taken in order and in the first round Hutchins took the first shot.

Can anyone clarify if the information on MNL is correct and / or if my belief that they should be taken in order is correct.

Sounds like Verner wanted to make amends for last night and resist the Devils pressure!! Good to see Elich continuing his run of points - and the same MoM as last night for both teams! Anyone know why Davies was only alternating shifts on the third line?

TheStub said:
Highlights up on VipersTV.

http://www.stcentral.tv/views/play/191047919

If that is the wrong link, just click through from the vipers homepage

In the interview, Adams said that neither Fulton or Campbell will be back for the post season. Poo...

i was just going to post this up lol,
are these the 2 most injured teams in the league??

What was Lundin doing with Jay??? Was that not a 10 minute for dropping the gloves?

I also though the player who was brought down had to take the Penalty shot himself? so why did Hutchins take it if Campbell was the only taken down??

i dont think the puck went in at all cant see it on any of the slow mo replays

the commentator is a tit

I know that highlights can sometimes be a bit mis-leading and don't tend to tell the whole story - but it seems that Verner had a pretty clear view of most (if not all) the shots fired at him last night.

I think that G has said in every one of his programme notes against the Vipers that Verner is the best goalie in the league and so you have to get as many bodies to the net as possible to make life difficult for him. Looking at the highlights it looked as though he got a bit of a free ride last night - even more disappointing when their biggest and most effective defenseman was sitting in the dressing room for half of the game.

I don't necessarily disagree with G that performances (and big ice work outs) are more important in the league games that we have remaining. However, I hope that the BK Cup sees us playing a little more 'desperation hockey' as this is what you need for the play-offs - and it would be very hard just to turn it on for that qualifying weekend without gettting in to the mindset before hand.

Cheers,

John