News from Edinburgh capitals

Thread starter #1
Posted below taken from the caps, good news for there future.

Edinburgh Capitals get investment and assistance from Crest SportsGroup

21st May 2011
Edinburgh Capitals are delighted to announce that terms have been agreed for a brand new sponsorship deal with Crest SportsGroup. The Crest SportsGroup LLP is a consulting and investment firm operating in the professional sports industry, focusing on the business side of professional sports.

Kai Isaksen, Crest SportsGroup, said, "Crest SportsGroup see great potential for ice hockey in Edinburgh in general, and Edinburgh Capitals in particular, and we are happy to get involved. In addition to financial value, we bring a large network of contacts and extensive experience, and we aim to use this to help Capitals develop further as a club."

Craig Henderson, Crest SportsGroup UK Senior Partner, commented, "We are impressed by what Mr. Neil has built over these years, and look forward to working with him to develop the Capitals brand even further. We hope to use our involvement to develop new methodology and concepts for sponsorship in ice hockey.

"We are confident the problems experienced by the Capitals last season are now sorted and we look forward to a good season for the Capitals in the Elite League. By signing up for a sponsorship agreement this early, we hope to contribute to bringing back the enthusiasm surrounding the club, from sponsors and fans. This is the time to stand up for the club we support, and we hope many will join us in making firm commitments to the club."

Edinburgh Capitals General Manager, Scott Neil, said, "I am delighted to have secured sponsorship and professional assitance and advice from Crest SportsGroup and view this relationship as a vital mechanism in developing the club in order to compete long term. We have already discussed many interesting avenues that may take time to deliver but certainly have exciting potential for the team to become a top competitor in the Elite League."

The Crest SportsGroup is based in Luxembourg and has representative offices in the UK (Edinburgh and Bristol), Norway (Oslo), Germany (Frankfurt a.M.) and Ukraine (Kyiv).

http://crestsports.be/

DevilDom

Sounds very positive. I'm pleased for the Caps fans and the league as a whole as it looks like we will have at least 9 teams next year.

Looks like great news. I cant find much background on the company or its previous successes/investments. I can imagine the great possibilities they see, especially with the Caps who are established in the top league with a (disgruntled) fan base already but are also, after last year, effectively starting from scratch in many ways. Plenty for a business minded, optimistic investor to get their teeth into and improve.

Great that it looks like we'll be seeing them next season and looking forward to paying them another visit. Put a stovie on for me!!

Skippy

In danger of being flamed here but...

This bit don't sit right with me "We are impressed by what Mr. Neil has built over these years".

He has a very annoyed fan base, well documented cash problems, a team that heamoraged players last season, is almost always last in the league etc etc I don't fully understand whats been built ?

Glad the Caps will keep going, I just hope they can compete this season unlike the last 3 or 4.